Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Vehicle Ordered Still Have a Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 PM
gte
Awaiting Email Confirmation
gte is on a distinguished road
New Vehicle Ordered Still Have a Couple of Questions

I completed my order yesterday and am happy with my selections, but still have a couple choices that I'm not sure about.

Jet Black Metallic V6
Black Interior
8 Speed Tiptronic
Convenience Package
Bose Audio Package
Black Roof Rails
Exterior Package High Gloss Black
Light Comfort Package
21" Turbo II Wheels
Anthracite Birch Interior Package
Anthracite Birch Heated Steering Wheel

I decided on the V6 as I plan to drive the car for 3-4 years and then look for a used Turbo.

Still not sure if I made the right choice with the Turbo Wheels. Between the cost of the wheels and increased cost of rubber, I'm not sure if this is a good choice. The other question I have about them is ride quality. How much will handling be enhanced, and how much will ride comfort be diminished and road noise be increased?? If there is a negligible loss of comfort/ride quality, I would be more content with my decision. I definitely like the look of the wheel, especially on a black vehicle.

The anthracite wheel is the other question I have. I have seen it in pictures, but not in person. I’m wondering if it might be overkill. I really like the trim with the black interior though. The sales person said that he felt the wheel really complements the trim well.

I was supposed to hear back from them later today for an estimate on the build date. I’m hoping for a late May early June delivery.

George

Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 PM
2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold
The wheels definately can make or break the car. However I would recommend getting the best wheels you can afford if you will drive the car. Get the cheapest steel wheels with "curb feelers" if your wife is going to drive the car. I have the 21" SportEdition wheels and in less than 2 months the wife has allready heavily scraped the right drivers side wheel.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
21" wheels without Air suspension will be a little noticeable (I didn't see that ordered or maybe its standard now?). Typically, anything over 20" makes a difference.
Personally, they will look great. No overkill...but honestly, if YOU like it. Get it.

Reads like you ordered a gorgeous vehicle; nice choices.

Let me ask you something: You're apparently buying a new Cayenne (V6) for cost reasons; then once TTs come onto the used market, pick one up. Not a bad reason; However, why not grab an 08 Cayenne S (V8) instead. Its the re-styled year...although, not the 2nd Gen.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:27 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
get the air suspension. IMHO def worth the money with those 21s you will look sleek. :-)

Old 06-11-2011, 01:55 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RobsCountach
However, why not grab an 08 Cayenne S (V8) instead. Its the re-styled year...although, not the 2nd Gen.
I went from the first to the second & then the third generation Cayennes. I loved my '09. Thought it was the greatest SUV ever made........until I drove the new one. I had no plans of trading but was immediately hooked after driving the '11. No comparison. Stick with the '11. Just my opinion.

My wife's Cayenne is Jet Black with the 21" Turbo II wheels....looks fabulous. Can't speak to the ride as I've never driven an '11 with anything other than 21s. That being said, I certainly don't think the ride is rough with the 21s.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 06-11-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 AM
gte1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I went from the first to the second & then the third generation Cayennes. I loved my '09. Thought it was the greatest SUV ever made........until I drove the new one. I had no plans of trading but was immediately hooked after driving the '11. No comparison. Stick with the '11. Just my opinion.

My wife's Cayenne is Jet Black with the 21" Turbo II wheels....looks fabulous. Can't speak to the ride as I've never driven an '11 with anything other than 21s. That being said, I certainly don't think the ride is rough with the 21s.
Good to hear about the ride with the 21s. I was hoping this would be the case. I should take delivery early next month. I'm well past ready!

George

Old 06-12-2011, 06:03 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
A little off topic about the Turbo II wheels. When we were specing my wife's Cayenne, I was doing a lot of playing with the configurator for her. I kept putting on the 21" sport edition wheels because I wanted to use the Turbo II wheels when I replaced my Cayenne in 2012. I didn't want to have the same wheels on both plus our 997 Turbo S has the Turbo II wheels. Too many Turbo II wheels. I never showed her the Turbo II wheels. My little secret. When we actually went to the dealership to spec hers the salesman went straight to the large screen configurator in the showroom. One of the first things you pick are wheels and she immediately said "what about those wheels" referring to the Turbo II wheels. The gig was up and I had to admit my ploy. There was no bargaining with her. Bottom line....she has the Turbo II wheels & I ended up with the Sport Edition painted black.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:28 AM
gte1 is on a distinguished road
I first configured with the Sport Edition, and really went back and forth for a while on it. Hard to go wrong with either choice, but I liked the more agressive look of the Turbo.