Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S Temp Sensors... location anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:53 AM
lbredefe is on a distinguished road
Angry Cayenne S Temp Sensors... location anyone?

The other night I pulled my Cayenne into the garage to swap the bad driveshaft in it. The car had set for 5 days under heavy rain somedays. I shut the vehicle off and the cooling fans kept running. over 7 minutes before I disconnected the negative on the battery. Upon doing some research I found that people are having issues at about my mileage range (I am at 72868) with the coolant temp sensors. I understand there are two of them on the V8 models? The part is cheap, and I want to DIY this and get it over with.

1) where can I find the radiator fan temp sensor / switch?
2) upon reconnecting the batt cable and bringing it back out into the driveway, i noticed the PSM fault light is on... is this normal and will it go off after restarting again?

-----------
UPDATE

upon acquiring an all-data subscription I have noticed there is a coolant temp sensor for the computer and a radiator fan temp sensor / switch. given the guage is displaying the correct temp, am I to assume the coolant temp sensor is fine and it is the radiator fan temp sensor / switch?

best,
Lance

Last edited by lbredefe; 05-20-2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: updating new info i discovered