Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Lowering Modules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
OK, so let me ask you guys this....our unit sells for $1400 retail. What would you guys consider a fair group buy price if we could get, let's say, 10 people together?

Let me know and I'll see if I can convince the powers that be to let me put something together.

I would have been interested years ago when I bought my CTT. I've kinda put that option out of my mind now since the price has always been too high. (Bought a whole extra motorcycle to ride around the world on for the price of the modules)

I think if the price were right it would be a great opportunity for those that want to jump on it while still motivated to lower their Cayennes!

Maybe the right price would renew interest in lowering options for those of us who have just ignored the gap to date!

As a related side note. I've historically avoided buying anything at all from companies that I feel might be gouging prices. When I see things like a simple lowering module priced so high and I know similar devices for other makes are a fraction of the cost I start to avoid those companies for everything. Feeling like I might be overpaying for anything they might offer. Just a friendly thought.

This doesn't just apply to lowering modules fwiw, there are several things for the Cayenne that are insanely priced for no reason at all other than the fact they are for a Cayenne. Which everyone still seems to think those of us with older ones paid $100k for!!???

Old 02-15-2013, 04:09 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
OK, so let me ask you guys this....our unit sells for $1400 retail. What would you guys consider a fair group buy price if we could get, let's say, 10 people together?

Let me know and I'll see if I can convince the powers that be to let me put something together.

I would say a fair price is what I was paying for lowering modules between 450-500 or I am just going to look into the other devices mentioned, if its true the Durametric its only $275 and can read and clear codes sounds like its even cheaper then the device I purchased for my Range Rover I may be seriously looking into that

Old 02-15-2013, 04:27 PM
B3nz0 is on a distinguished road
Agreed, I would consider buying one if the price is around $400-$500

Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 AM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Anything under a grand, I'd consider it. If one were available for $500 I'd buy it today!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aspenone
I would say a fair price is what I was paying for lowering modules between 450-500 or I am just going to look into the other devices mentioned, if its true the Durametric its only $275 and can read and clear codes sounds like its even cheaper then the device I purchased for my Range Rover I may be seriously looking into that
Keep in mind, you CAN NOT reprogram your air suspension with the Durametric tool...or even a real PIWIS.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wink

Keep in mind, you CAN NOT reprogram your air suspension with the Durametric tool...or even a real PIWIS.

FALSE! at least with the PIWIS "PorscheSpeedDemon" here is a Porsche tech and lowered his 04 CTT by changing the values with the PIWIS. I've seen it in person and had my CTT parked next to his.

Not sure if the same process can be done with the Durametic tool. I've never played with one. I hear its less powerful than the VW/Audi VAGCOM unit. (Which I do own).

There is what's called a "402" mod in VAGCOM to lower Audi Allroads and Touaregs. Unfortunately, (so I'm told) the VAGCOM won't communicate with the Cayenne.......but.......one of the local guys and I were talking about it and it seems that the part number on the VW Touareg lowering module may be the same as the Cayenne. He *thinks* if we were to install a Cayenne module into a Touareg then we could do a 402 mod on it and reinstall in the Cayenne to accomplish a free lowering module. (Well, might cost you some beer to borrow a VAGCOM and a Touareg)

We just have not tried it yet so I figured I wouldn't mention it yet.

So if anyone else wants to give it a go with the access to the tools, let us know.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cole
FALSE! at least with the PIWIS "PorscheSpeedDemon" here is a Porsche tech and lowered his 04 CTT by changing the values with the PIWIS. I've seen it in person and had my CTT parked next to his.
Then he would be the only person that's ever been able to do it with a PIWIS.

If I were him, I'd just have people come in to his shop, charge $500, and that would make everyone happy.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Big difference between " can't be done" and "hasn't been done"

Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
[quote=Tom@Champion;3772013]Keep in mind, you CAN NOT reprogram your air suspension with the Durametric tool...or even a real PIWIS.[/quote

So the Renntech or your device is better then the techart? possibly since you can adjust all 4 corners on your own rather then relying on the Dealer??

Last edited by aspenone; 02-18-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 AM
digitaljok is on a distinguished road

If it automatically lowered to loading level upon parking, I would pay $1000.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by aspenone

So the Renntech or your device is better then the techart? possibly since you can adjust all 4 corners on your own rather then relying on the Dealer??
Ours lets you adjust the front left and right individually, and the rear in unison. I'm not sure exactly how the TechArt unit functions. The nice thing about our unit is that since it's wired in-line with the factory control unit, if you're having any other issues with the air suspension system, it can be bypassed with the flick of a switch. So if you go in for warranty work for example, you can simply turn it off. I believe the TechArt unit requires a total replacement of the factory control unit so this wouldn't be possible.

And again...I know Cole insists it can be done, but I have never seen anyone else be able to program the height of the Cayenne air suspension using a PIWIS tool. I'm assuming if it was possible, more then 1 person would have discovered how by now...

Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 AM

And again...I know Cole insists it can be done, but I have never seen anyone else be able to program the height of the Cayenne air suspension using a PIWIS tool. I'm assuming if it was possible, more then 1 person would have discovered how by now...

The guy that did it is a tech at one of our local dealers. I'm sure it's just a case of the dealer not wanting to do unapproved mods.

So I'm sure he was able to get away with it on his own Cayenne Turbo (how many other techs have their own CTT to experiment with?) but can't use the dealerships tools to do this tweak to other cars.

I'm sure it's also a case of how many techs are going to experiment with changing code numbers on customer cars. Doesn't mean it can't be done.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Former Vendor
The guy that did it is a tech at one of our local dealers. I'm sure it's just a case of the dealer not wanting to do unapproved mods.

So I'm sure he was able to get away with it on his own Cayenne Turbo (how many other techs have their own CTT to experiment with?) but can't use the dealerships tools to do this tweak to other cars.

I'm sure it's also a case of how many techs are going to experiment with changing code numbers on customer cars. Doesn't mean it can't be done.

We only use PIWIS in our shop, we have plenty of Cayenne's to expirement with, and we LOVE doing unapproved mods LOL. Still...I haven't been able to find any area in the PIWIS that even remotely controls height. It must be buried real deep in there, but now you've got me curious as hell!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Wink

We only use PIWIS in our shop, we have plenty of Cayenne's to expirement with, and we LOVE doing unapproved mods LOL. Still...I haven't been able to find any area in the PIWIS that even remotely controls height. It must be buried real deep in there, but now you've got me curious as hell!

You also love selling $1,400 lowering modules

PM him. "PorscheSpeedDemon" and ask for yourself.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor
You also love selling $1,400 lowering modules

PM him. "PorscheSpeedDemon" and ask for yourself.
Believe me...the handful of $1400 lowering modules we sell every month are not what's keeping the lights on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering Modules