Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

721 code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Alx5 is on a distinguished road
721 code

today on the way home my 04 CTT acted up again. PRND all light up and no gears selected but the car shifted and down OK. I used Durametric to pull a code and it indicated
"721
Input shaft speed inductive pickup-implausible signal, test conditions are not completed, fault is not currently active and causing a DTC light"

Any ideas of what is going on? I searched this forum, rennlist forum, and rentech forum but no information regarding 721 code. I saw a threat mentioned PRND light up with 1314 code only.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ALX5

Old 12-20-2014, 04:03 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
I would take it right back to the Indy shop that you mention in your other thread about transmission issues.. If he replaced the input speed sensor... "input shaft speed inductive pickup" in the trouble code.. that sounds like the exact same part to me..

Old 12-26-2014, 02:12 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by seattleturbo
if he replaced the input speed sensor... "input shaft speed inductive pickup" in the trouble code.. That sounds like the exact same part to me..
+1...