Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cartronics Itronic Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:36 PM
zonnie is on a distinguished road
Cartronics Itronic Bluetooth

Hi, I have just installed the Cartronics Itronics Bluetooth/Aux/Ipod Adapter

I had a couple of questions with the unit. I went to a professional installation place to get a few things put in such as radar detector, back up camera and the cartronics unit.

The installation was fairly straight forward per the technician. He said the cartronics adapter emulates the 6 disc cd changer which he said was fairly standard for aftermarket set ups.

The Aux and Ipod work fine.

I paired my Iphone 6 and it connects quickly. We test out the call feature and the quality is normal not crisp but it works. Receiving calls works as well. The buttons and functionalities on the PCM sync up.

The only thing that DOES NOT WORK is the bluetooth audio streaming. I can't get this feature to work for some reason. The bluetooth phone works and receives audio though.

I had a couple of questions I hope you could help me with since my search was of no result.

1. how to stream music via bluetooth? (most important)

2. in aux or ipod mode there is a high pitched noise if volume is turned up without music on? is that normal?

3. I press CD button twice to start using Cartronics. The first screen I see is Menu/Aux - Enter Lock Mode see picture attached, is that the normal start up screen?

4. what is exit and enter lock mode?

5. is there another method of pressing enter or do you have to hold down the arrow keys on the number pad?

6. what is auto select? refer to pictures

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3134.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	450273   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3135.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	450274   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3136.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	450275  
Old 06-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Tuscani66 is on a distinguished road
Most likely its not the car itself, check your bluetooth settings after you've connected and make sure the media part is turned on.

Example:
1. My Porsche I used a different setup, but BlueTooth A2DP works as expected
2. My Viper has bluetooth through Pioneer AVIC (forgot model), Bluetooth A2DP works as expected.
3. My Saleen has bluetooth through a different and older model Pioneer AVIC, and after it connects (phone works) I have to open the bluetooth settings on my phone and turn on media streaming

All 3 steps mentioned above is with same mobile phone.