Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Roof rack help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 06:47 AM
HappyCoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Roof rack help needed

Looking to add a roof rack to my 08 Cayenne, which has no factory rails, but does have the roof tracks. I've searched quite a bit, but can't seem to find any recent information for compatible racks (all the posts I see reference racks that are no longer in production).

Wanting to transport a SUP (paddleboard) and kayak, which I'm not sure will fit on the OEM roof transport system. I live near SunCoast Porsche and they have those in stock that I could buy, but if I can't fit them side by side on the OEM cross bars, then I would need to get a J-mount or similar for the kayak. I can't find any information on if the universal mounts would work with the OEM rack, or if Porsche still makes a kayak adaptor for the OEM rack.

If I go aftermarket, I want to make sure I can remove the rack when not in use. If I have to, I could leave the fit kit (?) in, but I don't want the big feet sticking out or the cross bars when I'm commuting.

Anyone have suggestions (or possibly a rack you'd like to sell)?

Thanks!