Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Quad exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM
Qu4ttro is on a distinguished road
Pratrickkc, Yea I believe you are correct. The longer China v6 tips might work for the US diesel.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:00 AM
patrickkc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Qu4ttro
Pratrickkc, Yea I believe you are correct. The longer China v6 tips might work for the US diesel.
I have bought a set yesterday and will see if they fit.

The problem now is if the seller can ship me the correct tips I want.

Bought it on Amazon and the seller has pictures of the brushed aluminum as "chrome" and pictures of the chrome tips as "silver".

I wanted chrome tips, so let see if I will be receiving some actual chrome tips.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Got the package yesterday. Tried installing it without lifting up the car, but couldn't loosen the bolt holding the clamps down. (rusty bolt)

Had it in a garage today and much easier to loosen with the car lifted.

I can confirm, the long pipes work on the Diesel. Tweaking the angle of the tips took lots and lots of time. Even now, the left side I feel is still arched up a bit more than the right side.

As others have said, totally transformed the look of the car.

I will update this post with photos tonight.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:23 PM
MIK911 will become famous soon enoughMIK911 will become famous soon enough
Tip rattle.
My China Ebay quad tips rattle due to broken welds which hold the inner/outer cylinders together. Inspection reveals very small areas of welding (3 prongs, if I remember correctly), and there's a little play between the two parts, which are bound to snap (mine did).

Anyone suffer the same problem? Any idea how I could bond these two tubes together (I don't weld)?

In this pic, you can see the two different diameter tubes (silver over black) on the cross section at the ends of the tips.

Attached Images  

Last edited by MIK911; 11-29-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:01 AM
SuperStar's is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by North Shore 911
+1 on knowing that these are NOT OEM pieces, and I'm 100% OK with that! The calculus on these is pretty simple: $1,200 for OEM tips (and JUST the tips!) on Suncoast vs $200 for Chinese knock offs makes for a VERY easy decision.... While they may come up short versus OEM quality, these can fall apart 6 times before I'm bbreak-even for the price of OEM pieces
I completly agree with that thread!! Anyone who cares that much about weight on this type of vehicle. And pays that much more can just send me the money they like throwing away! Lol

Old 12-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Anybody have any rust on their exhaust tips? I've had mine for less than a month and there are some rust spots on the tips of the exhaust already..

Old 12-20-2016, 04:30 AM
Exaust reply

Originally Posted by patrickkc
Anybody have any rust on their exhaust tips? I've had mine for less than a month and there are some rust spots on the tips of the exhaust already..
sorry Bro! i have had mine for like 3 months now and no issues. Do you live in a state that usues salt on the streets? And when you wash you car do you always dry off the exaust tips? I always dry mine off with a shammy. And I keep my car in the garage. Not sure if that is the difference. Or it could just be a bad set that was not treated properly.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by SuperStar's
sorry Bro! i have had mine for like 3 months now and no issues. Do you live in a state that usues salt on the streets? And when you wash you car do you always dry off the exaust tips? I always dry mine off with a shammy. And I keep my car in the garage. Not sure if that is the difference. Or it could just be a bad set that was not treated properly.
I live in Toronto, so we do get a lot of salt on the roads. But that shouldn't mean, rust start developing within 3 weeks of putting the exhaust on. Salt hasn't really been used until the last 2 weeks.

The car goes through a touchless wash at least 3 times a week, since I have a Shell wash pass, I just rotate it among my cars. Exhaust is dry by the time exits the touchless wash. (not so much my rear window though )

Although it gets washed 2-3 times a week, it's inevitable for it to be not covered in salt after a day out..

Name:  JWXerzVh.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  162.8 KB

Name:  FHvIgPHh.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  89.1 KB

Old 12-22-2016, 05:40 AM
Hmmmm. Not sure about that one bro???? Is your car parked outside over night? I think you just got a bad set that was not treated properly. So far I have not had that problem. But I live in the ATL we only get rain, snow for like 4 days and only salt the highways when we do. The only problem I had is that they were chipped up a little during shipping. But even the chip part has not rusted??

Old 12-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Hmmmm. Not sure about that one bro???? Is your car parked outside over night? I think you just got a bad set that was not treated properly. So far I have not had that problem. But I live in the ATL we only get rain, snow for like 4 days and only salt the highways when we do. The only problem I had is that they were chipped up a little during shipping. But even the chip part has not rusted??
Car is always parked inside my garage. I messaged the seller and he said the stainless steel is easier to rust. My other car with chrome exhaust has never had any of these problems before. Seller said he will give me a partial refund, so lets see what will happen.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:34 AM
Nice! You cant beat that... what I would do is get a lite grit sand paper to remove that spot very gently!! Then buy some rustolium brand clear brake caliper paint. And spray a very lite mist coat over them! Dont spray to close or make thick. Just mist over them. You will not be able to tell and they will be rust protected.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Nice! You cant beat that... what I would do is get a lite grit sand paper to remove that spot very gently!! Then buy some rustolium brand clear brake caliper paint. And spray a very lite mist coat over them! Dont spray to close or make thick. Just mist over them. You will not be able to tell and they will be rust protected.
Thanks! I will give that a try. After washing the car and wiping the exhaust with a micro fibre cloth, you can't really see it.

I was able to get a $20 refund, not much but better than nothing I guess.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:26 AM
Tierraman is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been looking at the Chinese Quad Tips as well and was very interested by one of the threads, where some of you have opened the side ports of the rear muffler furthest from the back bumper to get a better sound. It appears that pre 16 V6 and V8 have the factory ports opened closest to the bumper, while the TDI has the ports open furthest from the bumper. My 16 V6 has the furthest ports open, which means I would order the long tips. My questions is, do all 16+ V6's have the furthest ports open for better sound? My factory exhaust sounds pretty good, but I would welcome a throatier sound as well....

Old 06-12-2017, 08:02 AM
mkiv808 is on a distinguished road
If anyone has tips for sale for the 2011-2014 Cayenne S, please PM me. Want OEM but will consider others.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:01 AM
Chadillac2000 is a jewel in the roughChadillac2000 is a jewel in the roughChadillac2000 is a jewel in the rough
As is typical when I purchase a new-to-me car, it doesn't take long before I start tinkering. Getting rid of the OEM US amber lighting and subtle window tint are usually among the first things. In addition to those small details that I'd addressed, the OEM rectangular exhaust tips had begin to bug me. After a bit of research it turned out I wasn't the only one.

While the OEM tips for both the V6 and V8 versions were very easy to replace, the price for new, upgraded OEM tips were laughable. The consensus replacement came in the form of Chinese made replicas at a fraction of the price. I was well aware that I wouldn't be getting OEM equipment, but for the price, and all the seemingly positive reviews, it was worth a shot.

Plenty of people had good experience with a few Amazon vendors, but I had my eyes set on the mirror polished versions of the large, quad tips. This eventually led me to eBay. After comparing pictures and the tips on my own car, I ended up going with the set below at a total cost of $234.90.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222462644620

About a week later they showed up and I was prepared with a socket wrench fitted with a 10mm socket. They were very well packaged.

Attachment 537924

The actual bolt holding the exhaust clamp on is an inverted torx, but my set was at my larger garage. The 10mm worked fine for easy removal.

Attachment 537925

Two minutes later and I had both original exhaust tips off the car.

Attachment 537926

As others have said, these Chinese made quad tips are much heavier than the OEM pieces, but that's something I actually preferred. The rectangular pieces felt fragile while the quad tips felt far more difficult to damage. The spot welds inside the rear piping didn't look great, but should hold fine. If not, I can easily repair them with more spot welds myself.

After inserting the appropriate side pipe into the clamp, I had my fiance hold the tip in the correct position while I slowly tightened from underneath. Rinse and repeat for the passenger side. 10 minutes after beginning, the swap was complete. Now time to sit back and enjoy the updated rear end.

Attachment 537927

Attachment 537928

Attachment 537929

Attachment 537930