Charity Notices/Events This section is intended for the posting of information regarding charities, notices of charity events or promotions. You may post information regarding making donations but only if the charity is nationally recognized...if your charity is not nationally recognized you can post charity information and ask members to pm you if they wish to make a donation...You must have 100 posts minimum to be able to start a thread. All threads are subject to approval of Moderators.

Drive to raise funds for Japan.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
recipefor is on a distinguished road
Drive to raise funds for Japan.

We have all seen over the past few days the tragic conditions Japan faces in the aftermath of the recent earthquake and tsunami. With the death toll expected to rise above 10,000 and an estimated 500,000 displaced, this is the worst disaster in Japan’s recent history.

In order to raise money for the victims of the disaster, I will be doing a drive from my home to Denver, CO, approximately 240 miles away. For every mile I drive, I will donate one dollar to Global Giving’s Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund.

My purpose of posting here is to encourage others to donate. I ask that you commit a monetary amount to each mile I drive. I plan to drive around 500 miles. So if you would like to donate two cents per mile I drive, that would be a ten-dollar donation. Ten cents per mile would be a fifty-dollar donation, and so forth.

I am planning to start my drive on March 18*. I will be taking my 997.2S and update this thread with pictures when I return from the trip. Colorado is beautiful this time of year and the drive to Denver is a pretty one. With luck, I hope to get some nice pictures along the way to share here. I am not a wonderful photographer, but I will do my best.

I have set up a fundraising page at Global Giving.

http://www.globalgiving.org/dy/fundr...tml?regid=4884

Unfortunately, the minimum donation on this page is ten dollars. If you would like to donate less than ten dollars please pm me and we can sort out the details.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

Update -- Drive Finished! The drive is done. As I outlined before, due to adverse weather conditions I was unable to get to Denver and back in a timely manner. However, I went to Vail and then drove over CO 133 McClure Pass as well. I drove a total of 359 miles. Since that was under my target of 500, I decided to give $1.50 per mile for a total of $539. I still have to go through the photos so I may post them tomorrow. For now here is a picture of the completed trip odo.

Current Amount Raised: $1314

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far. Let's keep it going!

For any other questions, I can be reached at driveforjapantsunami@gmail.com

Okay, here are the trip photos.

First two shots from Glenwood Canyon.
Attachment 544907

Attachment 544908

Just outside of Edwards
Attachment 544909

McClure Pass
Attachment 544910

Attachment 544911

Attachment 544912

And finally, the dirty road worn face.
Attachment 544913

Trip odo.
Attachment 544914

Last edited by recipefor; 04-16-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added image of car for drive
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
to all 6 speeders...generally we do not permit solicitation of members by other members for any purpose...however, the problems in Japan at this time demand special consideration and this thread has been permitted...if you have an equal cause that you think merits special consideration please send your request to me..thanks and be 6speed generous