Aero Kit Clear Light Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:01 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Aero Kit Clear Light Install

I have a set of clear lights that will be a take off from my current 2014 991. I would like to install them in my new 991 C2, which will have a factory Aero Kit. I can't seem to obtain a straight answer on the install procedure. My question is: Has anyone installed clear lights on a C2 non S and non Cab with an Aero Kit? I am trying to avoid getting slammed on dealer labor that will offset selling my current set and ordering new from the factory in my build.

My current C2 991 (non Aero) took me about 10 minutes per side to change from red to clear. The wing, when raised permitted access to the bolt cover and bolt, however I don't know if the Aero Kit does also.I don't have a car to look at. So if anyone has an Aero Kit on a C2 991, please let me know if there is access or must the wing be removed. Note, it must be a C2 no S and no Cab. I am told by the dealer tech's that those configurations are different.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:16 PM
991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I have a set of clear lights that will be a take off from my current 2014 991. I would like to install them in my new 991 C2, which will have a factory Aero Kit. I can't seem to obtain a straight answer on the install procedure. My question is: Has anyone installed clear lights on a C2 non S and non Cab with an Aero Kit? I am trying to avoid getting slammed on dealer labor that will offset selling my current set and ordering new from the factory in my build.

My current C2 991 (non Aero) took me about 10 minutes per side to change from red to clear. The wing, when raised permitted access to the bolt cover and bolt, however I don't know if the Aero Kit does also.I don't have a car to look at. So if anyone has an Aero Kit on a C2 991, please let me know if there is access or must the wing be removed. Note, it must be a C2 no S and no Cab. I am told by the dealer tech's that those configurations are different.

Thanks in Advance for the help.
Follow this.
http://www.fabspeed.com/templates/__custom/images/InstallInstructions/INSTALL%20GUIDE%20-%20Porsche%20991%20Competition%20Intake%20System.p df

Old 08-27-2015, 05:05 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Thank you,but this is not for a C2 with an Aero Kit & does not represent the configuration.

Frank C.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:32 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
I believe the ducktail portion of the spoiler is held down to rear of car by two bolts. When installed, the ducktail / aerokit spoiler is not moveable. So it would appear that the only way to get to the rear taillight bolts would be to remove the ducktail/aerokit spoiler... Here a couple pics I found that might help visualize....

Note in the picture that there are two tabs which are the locations for the bolts holding the entire ducktail + wing in place. The parts just below the spoiler are the parts that replace the moving mechanism in the standard active rear spoiler on the 991.

And here is a pic (not cup aerokit, but similar) that you can see that when the rear engine cover is open the ducktail mounting tabs are just visible...

Hope this helps....

Old 08-30-2015, 04:16 PM
I think you just convinced me that it is more efficient to have them factory installed for $650 (pre discount) & sell the clears that I have. Thank you.

Frank C.