Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

PSA: Make sure you have a good PDR guy handy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 11:30 AM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
PSA: Make sure you have a good PDR guy handy

I did a quick Dura Gloss rinseless wash on the car just the other day and i notice a small but nasty ding on the edge of my fender that spans two body lines. What!!?? Who the hell would do such a thing to my innocent lady? Yikes!

My detailer (when i'm lazy) left a small door ding on that same fender but on the other side of the wheel well a month ago. Lord please grant me mercy!

Frantic and upset, will this come off? Or will her pristine body be scarred for life??? Prior to PDR guys arrival, i quickly buff off the white paint transfer by hand.

"Man, it's gonna be difficult to get behind and push the ding out"; say's the young modest fellow. He goes in thru the fender liner and to his suspicion, it's double walled sheet metal meaning it's impossible from the wheel well. He's suggests trying it from the side intake but he's too chicken to remove it. I get on Google and find the following diagram from bbywu (admin on this forum) on where to pry and where to pull as well as my vinyl trim piece tool.

It was pretty easy but pretty nerve wrecking to remove. We unscrew a few torx screws holding the plastic pieces inside the intake and he has a tiny space squeeze his tool towards the vicinity of the ding but not precisely at it. "She's really tight," he says. "We're going to have to take our time on this one" So he brings out some petroleum jelly and slathers it on his tool and jams it back in!!!

He spends an hour caressing my car, nervous and anxious i check back every 15 minutes, he's slowing but patiently caressing her from the back side and hitting all the spots. All of a sudden, after what seems like an eternity... she pops! All tension releases and she lets go! I wipe the sweat from my forehead and bend down to inspect her. If you ultra close you may be able to detect a prior ding (or maybe it's in my head), but it's so close it could even be a variation in the factory sheet metal. Later in the day i bust out my Rupes Bigfoot Nano, a yellow pad, and Menzerna SF-3800 and take out all marring and slather some Pinnacle Souveran paste wax for good measure.

*This is a fairly accurate portrayal of events, dramatized for your viewing pleasure. Petroleum jelly part was in fact real

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 11-04-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Epic thread! Love the pics!!!! The one after the 'slathering with petroleum jelly' made me LOL!!!

Glad it worked out for you. SOOOOO much better now.

A good PDR guy is a must and can work wonders!

Old 08-25-2016, 11:24 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I have a good guy who made it look easy. and were he couldn t get behind he has a small (like dime size or smaller) cup he glues on and pulls the ding out.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:39 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Great outcome, congrats OP... I sweat reading the post early on and seeing the ding!

Old 08-27-2016, 04:13 AM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Thank's guys!

BTW a glue pull will NOT fix a body line and fender lip