Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

22k miles of ownership experience in a Gallardo - Buyers Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM
silk55 is on a distinguished road
also there i would add that there is a mid year 04 problem with one of the EGEAR hoses fraying which will require replacement and a EGEAR flush

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ided-hose.html

Old 11-19-2009, 09:55 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
$3.00 is not a bad guess. Routine maintenance has generally been the case. Tune in tomorrow for a slight twist to the story.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:39 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Part III posted - Engine & Drivability

http://supercarrentalsinc.com/lambor...e-drivability/

Old 11-20-2009, 09:58 AM
PMoth is on a distinguished road
Awesome review. Very informative and quite entertaining. Thank you.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Part IV: Reliability & Depreciation

http://supercarrentalsinc.com/lambor...-depreciation/

Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Posted in its entirety here:
http://supercarrentalsinc.com/the-co...-buyers-guide/

We have experienced a cost of $6.46 per mile in this car. Please post your own experiences here and on the page on the blog. It will help everyone else who is interested in buying one. Thanks.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
i'm thinking about clicking on the link Ed but it might scare me from driving my car more often. Should I read it anyway? lol

Old 12-12-2009, 10:48 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Wow reading the blog makes me appreciate my 09 Carrera C2 that much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
i put rims on my lambo and 2 days later i took em off and sold em for a 3k loss ... stocks seem way more trustworthy on these to me

Old 12-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Taskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the rough
Nice write up. Now if i only can buy a lambo.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Shadowman is on a distinguished road
Reluctantly I make this post because there was value in the information as shared however IMO it should be "Cost to own a Gallardo that is a Rental Car"

My personal experience and that of many others that we know does not mirror the expenses as associated with this gal in your fleet.

I would say that when considering her usage and the extreme number of operators that as an Exotic car rental she has fared very well and that the associated cost are modest and yet are IMO "not" the cost of ownership that most would experience during the same miles traveled.

All the best

Shadowman

Old 12-18-2009, 08:54 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Shadowman. Ed has done an excellent job documenting their rental car and I have no doubt it is accurate from a rental business owner's perspective.

It's safe to say that the driving habits of a rental customer vs an actual owner are going to be different. I bet the rental car gets pushed really hard and redlined often, and why not, the customer just dropped a few hundred dollars a mile and wants to get the full experience.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowman
Reluctantly I make this post because there was value in the information as shared however IMO it should be "Cost to own a Gallardo that is a Rental Car"

My personal experience and that of many others that we know does not mirror the expenses as associated with this gal in your fleet.

I would say that when considering her usage and the extreme number of operators that as an Exotic car rental she has fared very well and that the associated cost are modest and yet are IMO "not" the cost of ownership that most would experience during the same miles traveled.

All the best

Shadowman
I think this is a valid point and I have certainly not tried to shy away from it. Our cars are rental cars and they do get driven hard. That might make this a high estimate but you could also argue that since our car has a lot of miles to distribute the costs among, the broken down cost per mile would be less.

I would really love to get anyone's quantifiable evidence for higher or lower costs. We all benefit from the data.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Shadowman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
I think this is a valid point and I have certainly not tried to shy away from it. Our cars are rental cars and they do get driven hard. That might make this a high estimate but you could also argue that since our car has a lot of miles to distribute the costs among, the broken down cost per mile would be less.

I would really love to get anyone's quantifiable evidence for higher or lower costs. We all benefit from the data.
Thank you for your response.

Let me begin by sharing that I enjoyed and appreciate the chain of events as shared by you and feel that much great information was presented.

My gut tells me that folks that rent the gals are from both ends of the spectrum; meaning those that use them methodically akin to show and shine as well as those that beat the tar out of them as such that which you shared IMO confirms that these gals can take all that is tossed at them and in the end even under what I would consider the least favorable of circumstances that their cost of ownership to be reasonable and then add to this it is obvious that you do your best to keep them in tip top shape.

One pays to play

Thank you again and all the best

Shadowman