Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

feedback on 2005-2006 Quattroporte

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:23 AM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
feedback on 2005-2006 Quattroporte

I have been looking at these for the past few weeks and wanted to make a forum post to see the feedback on these? Can anyone share their experience with them in regards to maintenance, performance, reliability, etc? I love the look of them, they are unique and sound amazing - but the sharp decrease in pricing has me worried a bit - not sure why they are under $40k already...

Old 08-12-2014, 04:43 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Up thru 2006 the QP's has the F1 transmission which is a computer controlled hydraulic actuated manual 6 speed. No foot clutch of course, but you can either drive it in automatic mode or manual and use the paddles shifters. It takes about 2-3 weeks to learn the system and drive it smooth. Most QP owners say this the the only one to get, and they hate the actual ZF automatics in the 2007 and above. So in general the 06's and below took a higher hit than 07 and above. But, don't see much a difference for depreciations. Look at the AMG's their hits have just about been the same percentage. Although mileage on the Masers are a lot lower. Its just people put the Masers in another category above the Mercs but price wise they are about the same for AMGs S class, E class CLS class.

The Clutch in the F1's is anywhere from 3.5-6k to replace. Typical drivers driving it correctly get from 20k to 40k out of them. Friend of mine got 45k out of his. This is the price to pay to have it. Normal maintenance is about 1k per year, basically oil change and filter changes. The 2 year service is 2k or so. For me it depends on how many miles I drive it, and I do most myself so I cut down on dealer prices.

F1 trannies have two hydraulic lines that dry rot under the back end. They are only 3"s long, but a pain to replace. Dealer charges 1k to do it along with a fluid change. You can do it at a local garage for 100 if you know what to do and show them. There are threads.

Long story short, the cars are great, you never see another, and people are always looking and asking. I don't care about that, but its nice to have young kids show an interest, society is changing where most younger people could care less what car they drive. I know 3 people who have not even washed their cars for 5 months. They said the rain cleans them well enough.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:03 AM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
thats some great feedback - I assume like the Gallardo's, if you drive in automatic mode, the clutch wears much faster? I ask because my better half would be driving this about half the time and she would most likely be in auto mode most of the time.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:50 AM
Apex_t is on a distinguished road
I have my 2006 QP for sale. Be very very careful in the QP you purchase. I see a lot of owners try to sell them once the car needs repairs. Clutch can last up to 50k if driven right. The car should always be driven in manual mode. Let me know if you have any questions. I have owned my QP for a few years, I want to get something else. All service and repair records I have.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:59 PM
can you post more info and a few pics of it? or email to mailscripts_ejones@yahoo.com

Old 08-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Apex_t is on a distinguished road
Email sent

Old 08-17-2014, 04:47 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sinister05CTT
can you post more info and a few pics of it? or email to mailscripts_ejones@yahoo.com
emailed or email me velocitybts@yahoo.com got information for you