Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:20 PM
RogueS60R is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Tom - thanks for the info.

Warren – As you know, I was wavering on this…and despite what I said in the previous post, I think it actually makes more sense to just cruise up Sat. morning. Given the traffic that will be leaving the city Friday night and the clear roads we’ll have Sat. morning, we can just do a quick blast really early. I’m thinking meeting in Tyson’s at the usual spot (with the Starbucks and fitness center) at around 5:30am…leave by 6:00am. It’s going to be about a 2.5 hr drive, so that should put us at the show around 8:30am with 1.5 hours to wipe the bugs off. Thoughts?

Kum – great suggestion. Maybe we’ll try to meetup with you guys. What is the address of the Bob Evans?
Sat morning is fine with me. I just spoke with Ivan at IMA so he is going to take care of the IMS upgrade for me on Monday so I should be good to go without any engine melt down on the trip. Two months ownership and 3K spent and no performance mods mods yet on a 25K P-Car. Oh well, guess you have to pay to play.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Kumaiki is on a distinguished road
Sunir
As of right now there's only five in our group plus however many 6speeders join us. There will probably be another 2 or 3 cars joining at the Columbia, Pa stop.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Arriving pretty late to this one, but this is certainly a good cause

We adopted our new family member last Jun (funny enough on my b'day) that had been left in a park in at 10 weeks, a pitbull mix and a couch potato.

If the Lotus is ready by then I'll plan to attend, also can donations just be given on attending or only pre-event?

Mick

Old 03-30-2011, 08:11 PM
tclark is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
Arriving pretty late to this one, but this is certainly a good cause

We adopted our new family member last Jun (funny enough on my b'day) that had been left in a park in at 10 weeks, a pitbull mix and a couch potato.

If the Lotus is ready by then I'll plan to attend, also can donations just be given on attending or only pre-event?

Mick

Good on you for the adoption Mick. Is the pitbull/couch potato mix an AKC recognized breed?

Of course you can simply make a donation, but it would certainly be great if you could register and attend with your Lotus. Thanks for considering it, and really hope you can make it.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
don't see them listed on the AKC site yet.
No problem, I'll register before the Apr 10 deadline and look forward to meeting you and some of the other lads there.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
don't see them listed on the AKC site yet.
No problem, I'll register before the Apr 10 deadline and look forward to meeting you and some of the other lads there.
That's fantastic. I don't know where in Maryland you're located, but you might consider joining in the Caravan that some of the guys in this thread are forming. Thanks again.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Update

Update:
Sorry for the delay in getting this together….

1. Attendance - If you’ve registered for the event, then you should have gotten an email from Mary Sherrick confirming your participation. If you haven’t yet officially registered, please do so. Also, please encourage your friends to attend as guests. The more the better IMO.

2. Hotels – If you would like to drive up on Friday and stay the night OR if you are planning on staying in Hershey after the show, then I would recommend that that you reserve at room at either…
Holiday Inn (New Cumberland) 1-717-774-2721
Best Western (New Cumberland) 1-717-774-4440
Tom Clark made these suggestions considering location, cost, and parking lot size and safety. The rate at either hotel should be about $120.00 per night. It would be a little cheaper (about $109.00) if we reserved a block of rooms, but that might be a bit complicated given everyone’s unique circumstances.

Please also remember that there are two big events going on the following Sunday. (A) We have the Deutche Marque Concourse in Vienna, VA and (B) the 2011 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity in College Park, MD. So again, I’m not sure how many people are planning on staying Sat. night, but given the Sunday events, I’m driving back that evening. I’m imagining that everyone will be a little spent by the end of the day, so the cruise back will likely be broken up into smaller groups (depending on when people want to leave). Obviously, we’ll see how it goes.

3. In order to accommodate everyone interested in driving up together Sat. morning, the route is still being tweaked. The show opens at 10:00am and my goal is to get us there by 9:00am so that we have time to clean off the cars a bit. We will be stopped at each location to allow people to arrive and to refuel as needed. See the last section for a map. Here is a narrative of what I have so far… (Please let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback)…

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...1,3.532104&z=8

A. TYSONS CORNER, VA [arrive whenever – leave by 5:10am] (gasp): The Northern VA people should meet at the Starbucks in Tysons Corner, VA. (8520 Suite D, Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA, 22103, 703-760-7037). This should be a familiar location to many and it’s close to the beltway. We are leaving VERY early and will be on a tight timeline, but there is just no way to hit all of our check points without doing so.
[30 min drive]
B. COLLEGE PARK, MD [arrive 5:40am – leave by 6:00am]: We will be meeting a group of MD folks at the IKEA parking lot in College Park (10100 Baltimore Ave., College Park, MD 20740). Again, this should be a familiar location to people. We won’t be stopping for long, but it should give us enough of a window to connect.
[45 min drive]
C. BALTIMORE, MD [arrive 6:45am – leave by 7:10am]: Like Voltron, we will combine forces with the GTR group (and others) at the Bob Evans (400 W. Padonia Rd., Luthersville-Timonium, MD 21093). Again, short window for everyone arriving, but we should have just enough time to get a quick break for fuel.
[45 min drive]
D. *YORK, PA [arrive 7:55am – leave 8:15am]: We can make a short stop at the McDonald’s in York, PA for anyone else in the area who wants to join us (1500 North George Street, York, PA, 717-848-6024). This is a tricky one and I’m totally not set on the location. As I mention down below, I’m not sure about the Columbia, PA spot, but I could be missing something. So, I just chose a location close the highway.
[45 min drive]
E. HERSHEY, PA [arrive at 9:00am]: We should have enough flexibility in the schedule to account for some unexpected delays and still get there on time to clean the cars a little (Antique Auto Club of America Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, 717-566-7100).

In general, I hope these locations and times make sense, but again, let me know if I missed something. Also, please also note that we will be playing a game on the way up. The game is called “Make it There,” and the rules are simple…..if you make it there in one piece then you win….if you do something stupid and crash…then you lose.

Also to Sunir’s point about getting too many cars and the group getting slowed down….I completely agree. We should all do what we can to watch each other’s back, but for caravanning purposes we will only make scheduled stops unless there is an emergency. We’ll have to just stick to the schedule.

-----responses------
*Kum – the stop in Columbia, PA is a bit of a mystery to me. Looking at the map, it looks like you have to get off of I-83 which would take you directly into York (from which we could then easily head east to Hershey) and instead you get off at 30 and go into Columbia, PA. Was the plan then to take some smaller roads north through Elizabethtown and then to Hershey? I’m just curious because I would like to coordinate as much as possible, but we can obviously plan something else as well. Just let me know.

Chris – If you need a ride from the Bob Evans then I’m sure we can find you one. I would take you if I didn’t already have a passenger.
-----------
-CC

Old 04-06-2011, 02:35 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I have not recieved an email from Mary or gotten a packet in the mail..? what to do now...

Old 04-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Chris – If you need a ride from the Bob Evans then I’m sure we can find you one. I would take you if I didn’t already have a passenger.
-----------
-CC
Thanks for the offer! I may be riding/driving up with Sunir but if I've never had an issue getting a ride before...although the one person that drives me doesn't get any rolling shots of their cars haha.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
CC,
The reason behind stopping in Columbia, Pa is to meet with a hand full of GTR's coming from Philly and New Jersey. Based on google maps times it will add about 13 minutes to trip.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Sunir,

Have you sent tclark a pm. I'm sure he can get Mary to send another email to whatever email address you specify.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Guys,
The generic email from Mary Sherrick was sent out on 3/30/11. If you registered after that, or even shortly before that, you probably didn't recieve it. After registration closes this Sunday, I will be sending an email to all registrants that will include all of the information that you need. Expect something mid to late next week. And once again, thanks to everyone who has signed up. Don't forget, there's still a few days to register. And also, PLEASE tell your friends. After all, we need attendees as well as participants!

Tom Clark

Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
cool...

Originally Posted by Kumaiki
CC,
The reason behind stopping in Columbia, Pa is to meet with a hand full of GTR's coming from Philly and New Jersey. Based on google maps times it will add about 13 minutes to trip.
Gotcha. So, what's the route from there? Are you guys planning on heading west on 30 (and get back on 83) or go east on 30 (and take 283)?

-Chris

Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 AM
nax360 has a spectacular aura aboutnax360 has a spectacular aura about
Count me in, as long as you don't mind having another Z06. Planning on meeting up with you guys at Bob Evans since I live in Baltimore.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:56 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Looks like the Bob Evans is the hot and happening spot! maybe get some rise n' shine buscuits and gravy while down there!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!!