Santa Clara/San Jose Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I have 3 Lambos, 1 Viper, NSX, S5 also coming. Need a couple more GTRs and Vipers. HardHitter?

Please park in the rear of SR by Cineart so we can roll out together for the drive. But we will have the drivers meeting in front of Tesla at 9:30a

I have about 14 people signed up so far. Got about 6 spaces left so RSVP before it's full.

Last edited by djantlive; 07-22-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:40 PM
996twin_sc is on a distinguished road
Count me in for drive only, can't make the lunch.

13 GTR

Last edited by 996twin_sc; 07-22-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:40 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Two spaces left. I will close the invitation Wed by noon.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:04 AM
I've filled all the spots so closing the RSVP. Hardhitter, pm me if u still want to come.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:37 PM
dbTarga996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by djantlive
I've filled all the spots so closing the RSVP. Hardhitter, pm me if u still want to come.

Just a heads up if you were counting me in for a spot, I had a change of plan and wont be able to make it for the drive but if you guys plan one for next month during the C&C at SR next month, I'll be there.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks, I did and I am glad you chimed in. Next month will have lots of activities for the Monterey car week. I have a drive on 8/12 for concourse on the ave and another drive on 8/16 for concorso Italiano. Pm if interested

Old 07-23-2014, 11:36 PM
HardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to all
My apologies on being MIA on this. I wasn't getting e-mail notifications for some reason.

I'd love to make this if there is still a spot for a Viper. Let me know if you want me to make a post on the Viper forums.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by HardHitter
My apologies on being MIA on this. I wasn't getting e-mail notifications for some reason.

I'd love to make this if there is still a spot for a Viper. Let me know if you want me to make a post on the Viper forums.
I was able to update the lunch reservation to get you in.

We have now 21 people and 16 cars. Plenty to keep the drive interesting and hopefully manageable. We can post on the viper forum next time for a future event. Thanks!

Old 07-24-2014, 11:11 AM
To all RSVP'ed, Please read the info below:

Where to meet each other at SR?
Please make sure you are at the Tesla store at 9:30am. There will be lots of people at C&C so be sure you are at Tesla as we may not know each other. We will identify this as the "Los Gatos drive" My name is David

Where to Park at SR?
A group of us will park near Cineart theater at the south end of SR instead of the main street on SR used for C&C. This is a courtesy to the C&C organizer as we are leaving early. However, we will meet at Tesla for drivers meeting.

Checklist reminder:
Bring lots of water, sunscreen, 3/4 tank gas and FRS radio if you have one. Weather will be pretty hot.

See you all on Saturday!

Old 07-24-2014, 04:58 PM
onapex is on a distinguished road
here is the proposed plan. i would like to get head count to make reservation for lunch at end of drive.

route: https://goo.gl/maps/1Zin7

departing from SR C&C at 9:45a. mandatory drivers meeting in front of Tesla store at 9:30a

bring water, spf, sunglasses, 3/4 tank of gas, FRS radio channel 4.0 if you have one

taking volunteers familiar with Los Gatos route as lead.

RSVP through this thread by 7/25 noon. Thanks!
Looks like an interesting route. I might be down for SR C&C. Might try this route out separately from you guys and stop by cinnabar to hit some *****. Hope you don't mind.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:15 PM
the997dude is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately I don't think I can make this one :-( I'll definitely be in for the next one though !

Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by onapex
Looks like an interesting route. I might be down for SR C&C. Might try this route out separately from you guys and stop by cinnabar to hit some *****. Hope you don't mind.
Looks like a spot just opened up

Old 07-25-2014, 11:02 AM
HardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to all
Looks like a spot just opened up
Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow morning. My name is Brian and I'll be in a blue/white stripe 97 Viper. The car is straight piped at the moment as I'm looking for other mufflers, so I apologize in advance. I'll probably have to go around to the neighbors to give them a heads up as well since it'll likely wake them up around 9 AM.

I will probably have to turn back after the Cinnabar stop. I just got a 8 week year old puppy this week so I don't want to leave it in its crate too long or else I'll be cleaning pee/poop off him and the crate. Unless someone wants to volunteer to do it for me

Lastly, I see that we had a 911 back out. My friend owns a 911 as well so I'll reach out to him to see if he wants to join us. I'll make an update post tonight.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Also, just a heads up on the Kennedy road, it is a very narrow two lane road with a lot of blind corners. I say this because one of my friends live up that hill and during the morning there are often times a lot of cyclists trying to make it up. I don't know how aggressive all of you plan to drive, but that is something we can discuss in the morning meeting. I plan to just enjoy the drive and cruise so I can stay in the "back of the pack" if that is what we want to do.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up hardhitter. It's a cruise and we will definitely watch out for bikes. Everyone should drive at their own pace as it's not a race.

I only been on the route once so a lead car familiar with the area would be nice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Santa Clara/San Jose Drive