Metropolitan Detail 3M Certified Window Tinting Special

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Metropolitan Detail 3M Certified Window Tinting Special

We are now a certified 3M window tinter and warranty facility. Benjamin now installs window film with the same level of attention as our Venture Shield paint protection film. Through August we are offering 15% off all window tinting to 6speeders. All of our tints are GPS and satellite radio safe. Please feel free to give us a call and we can schedule an appointment for you with one of our FREE loaner vehicles.

3M Crystalline film - COMING SOON!!!! Crystalline is a heat and UV rejection film that is available almost completely clear without tint, giving the look of no tint, all while protecting your interior, and dramatically reducing heat inside.

Thank you,

John

Old 08-13-2010, 12:16 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Thats good. Finally a good place to get windows tinted that actually care about the customer.

I went to Accutint to get my windows tinted, and they messed up on my rear windshield, and while removing the oil film, they cut my rear defrost line, and they didn't care.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Gioia is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mr2guysingh
Thats good. Finally a good place to get windows tinted that actually care about the customer.

I went to Accutint to get my windows tinted, and they messed up on my rear windshield, and while removing the oil film, they cut my rear defrost line, and they didn't care.
sorry to hear that... Metropolitan has great reputation and customer service as per many friends that did their cars there. I did the window tinting (3m ceramic) on a Maserati with NWA. Blake and team did a superb job.

Best Luck

Old 08-13-2010, 11:40 PM
seattle_s4 will become famous soon enoughseattle_s4 will become famous soon enough

Wow that doesn't sound like the Accutint I know. Which location?

Old 08-14-2010, 01:03 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !

I have to admit that once when I found a scratch on my passenger side window which was caused by Accutint, they stepped up to the plate. They ordered a brand new piece of glass and took the time to exchange the window for me. That's good customer service...and this was at their Bellevue location.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Bellevue location. I don't know if they did it in a rush, or just didn't care, but its not the best tint job, all the windows have different problems...

Old 08-16-2010, 03:08 PM
seattle_s4 will become famous soon enoughseattle_s4 will become famous soon enough
Bellevue location. I don't know if they did it in a rush, or just didn't care, but its not the best tint job, all the windows have different problems...

Hmmm...sorry to hear that. If you talk to them about it they'll hopefully take care of it. I've had nothing but great experiences with the Bellevue guys and they've always stood behind their work.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:46 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I wonder if the shop discriminates based on what kind of car they work on.

Last edited by pcst; 08-16-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 PM
^ They do. My brothers S4 had no issues, friends 335i had no issues and my TSX had a bunch. They say they clean the windows, but they really didn't. Its whatever.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Antroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant future
I've had mixed results with Accutint of Bellevue. When I got my M3 tinted, I asked for 20% all around and wound up with 15% all around instead. I also asked for them to tint over the 3rd brake light when I dropped the car off, and they said they would. When I picked up the car, it wasn't tinted, and I practically had to beg them to tint it. It was close to closing time, and they didn't want to do it, but someone stayed late to finish it off the way I wanted it. Finally, the very next day, I had to get something from the center console of my car, and I leaned in through the passenger side placing my hand on the passenger seat bottom to support my weight, and I felt a sharp pain on my hand. When I lifted my hand up, I was bleeding pretty badly. Turns out someone left a razor blade facing straight up inside a crack between the seat cushions. I'm glad I found it instead of one of my passengers. Still pretty pathetic that they're leaving razor blades in peoples' cars, they need to track stuff like that so that they're not leaving sharp objects around.

I'm undecided if I'll ever go back to them. Perhaps I'll give Metro a shot on tinting my lowly Scion xB if I ever get around to it.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:57 PM
thekommunistkid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Antroiny
I've had mixed results with Accutint of Bellevue. When I got my M3 tinted, I asked for 20% all around and wound up with 15% all around instead. I also asked for them to tint over the 3rd brake light when I dropped the car off, and they said they would. When I picked up the car, it wasn't tinted, and I practically had to beg them to tint it. It was close to closing time, and they didn't want to do it, but someone stayed late to finish it off the way I wanted it. Finally, the very next day, I had to get something from the center console of my car, and I leaned in through the passenger side placing my hand on the passenger seat bottom to support my weight, and I felt a sharp pain on my hand. When I lifted my hand up, I was bleeding pretty badly. Turns out someone left a razor blade facing straight up inside a crack between the seat cushions. I'm glad I found it instead of one of my passengers. Still pretty pathetic that they're leaving razor blades in peoples' cars, they need to track stuff like that so that they're not leaving sharp objects around.

I'm undecided if I'll ever go back to them. Perhaps I'll give Metro a shot on tinting my lowly Scion xB if I ever get around to it.
Ok so I don't want to sound like a total internet troll, but if you found a RAZOR BLADE in your car and CUT YOUR HAND and bled pretty badly, why didn't you call Accutint and tell them about it? I've had a decent amount of work done there and they're all really nice guys and bend over backward to help most of the time.

Last edited by thekommunistkid; 08-27-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Hi All,

I would like to start by say congrats to The Metropolitan bunch for the 2nd to none quality and service,

In my humble opinion, it would be nice if people used this thread to not bash or come to the defense of other companies, but to welcome Metropolitan to the tint world. Not to be rude, but when a thread takes a course of its own, I does not pay too much respect to the original poster.

Again Congrats to John and the bunch over at Metropolitan Detail, If you guys put half the energy into the tint side as you do in the detail, you will have some very pleased customers.

Cheers

Old 08-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Thanks BBi for the kind words. Just a reminder that this sale ends on Tuesday the 31st.

John

Old 08-29-2010, 11:57 AM
RPGilberts87 is on a distinguished road
Way to go John! By the way this is ADetailedFinish from Autopia!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:50 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
John, thank you for offering this service. I'm headed your way for the C4S tinting...just have to find the time. One of these days......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Metropolitan Detail 3M Certified Window Tinting Special