Metropolitan Detail 3M Certified Window Tinting Special

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Antroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by thekommunistkid
Ok so I don't want to sound like a total internet troll, but if you found a RAZOR BLADE in your car and CUT YOUR HAND and bled pretty badly, why didn't you call Accutint and tell them about it? I've had a decent amount of work done there and they're all really nice guys and bend over backward to help most of the time.
What are they going to do? Say sorry? Slap a bandaid on it for me? OK, whatever.

I didn't require stitches, and luckily I only bled all over my own clothes (not in the car all over the seats or carpet) so I wasn't out of pocket any additional money for medical expenses or car interior cleaning. I just had a bad experience with them and wasn't pleased with their service or attitude for the price I paid. Lesson learned, I've moved on, but I felt it necessary to alert other people about my experience, which seemed quite similar to mr2guysingh's experience.

I will happily admit that the tint looks great and I've had no issues with it at all. It's definitely much better looking than previous tint jobs I've gotten on other cars, I just probably won't go back.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Well if Metropolitan has a lifetime warranty on their tint for labor/supplies, I'll probably go there for my next car. Hope they have 15% Only reason I went to Accutint is because my brother and friend had good experience, and I received a discount. Maybe the Seattle location is better, not sure.

Plus, Accutint wouldn't let me watch them put the tint on, most other places dont mind if you watch their work...

Old 09-01-2010, 10:39 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mr2guysingh
Well if Metropolitan has a lifetime warranty on their tint for labor/supplies, I'll probably go there for my next car. Hope they have 15% Only reason I went to Accutint is because my brother and friend had good experience, and I received a discount. Maybe the Seattle location is better, not sure.

Plus, Accutint wouldn't let me watch them put the tint on, most other places dont mind if you watch their work...
Seattle is actually worse.

There's a reason why some of the good tint shops won't let you watch. They want to minimize contaminants from flying about in the air. The less people around the better. That's been my experience thus so far.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:04 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I have to agree about the razor blade thing. I had accutint do clearbra on 3 of my cars- one was good, one average, and one poor. On my last car, I noticed a razor blade cut in one of my seats. When I took it back, they denied that they were responsible. The car was brand new and I'm sure that I would have noticed a razor blade cut. No huge deal, but I never gone back to them.

Metropolitan Detail has done my last 3 cars and all have been perfect. I really appreciate their attention to detail.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:30 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
I had accutint in Bellevue clear bra my pcar. When I went to pickup the car they were nice enough to wash her. I inspected the car and found that ALL FOUR of my lips on my brand new iforged seneka were scratched all over. I spoke with the owner and they denied causing the damage, stating that they work on high end cars all day long and the wheels came like that. I then told him that I wanted to speak with the guy who washed the car. I was taken to a man that could not speak english very well. I asked him what he used to clean my wheels and he showed me a dirty hard brush!. He even admitted that he didnt wash off the dirt before cleaning the wheels. The owner finally agreed to have all four wheels polsihed and good for him because I was getting ready to flex my legal muscles

Old 09-01-2010, 11:45 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I saw them washing cars since they offer "detail" services... and I'm not surprised.

What would you of done if they said no?

Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mr2guysingh

Absolutely, all of our tint carries a lifetime warranty on parts and labor. We carry all 3M shades. We don't bother with the cheap no-name brands. Everyone knows 3M, and they stand behind their product.

John

Old 09-03-2010, 04:33 PM
292 is on a distinguished road
I guess I am a little too late for this deal. I'm looking to get some windows tinted and clear bar on the Q5. I drove pass by your shop the other day on my way to Costco Business Center.
Mike

Old 12-15-2010, 01:45 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
^^^
Hi J and welcome aboard.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
John, thank you for offering this service. I'm headed your way for the C4S tinting...just have to find the time. One of these days......
+1 I need to get this done on my 997... now to just find the time to do it.

I also had a bad accutint experience in Bellevue and won't be going back.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
+1 I need to get this done on my 997... now to just find the time to do it.

I also had a bad accutint experience in Bellevue and won't be going back.
Finding the time should be easy. We'll give you a free loaner car while servicing your vehicle, so you can run your errands and go about your day.

John

Old 12-17-2010, 04:21 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Finding the time should be easy. We'll give you a free loaner car while servicing your vehicle, so you can run your errands and go about your day.

John
Yeah, I saw that... very cool. I will be getting in there at some point!

I haven't even had time to pick up my all season tires for the S4 that came in a week ago!