Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 01:07 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
GTS vs Turbo

Anyone tested both and can comment as to whether the Turbo is worth the extra $30k ? Its only a little faster.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:48 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
If half a second is little for you, then the ability to increase performance down the road are more ample on the FI engines, even though the NA engine sounds a lot better.

Suspension is a tad firmer in the GTS and supposedly better matched for the track. The lines of the car are a little better looking with the aerodynamic touch.

You get all the options of the Turbo, without the turbos. Is it a big deal? It is for some and it isn't for others.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:52 PM
JAX GT3 is on a distinguished road
Common Discussion

This is certainly an old topic: Is the turbo worth it? I am afraid this is a question that can't be answered.

You must drive various models and choose among them all!!

I bought a used TURBO because I liked the Torque. There is no turbo lag that I could notice. Peak torque is about 570 fl-lb's, way more than other panamera's. It is much faster to 60mph than the claimed 4.0 seconds. I ran mine down the Gainesville FL speedway at 11.7sec, 119mph. 0-60mph worked out to be 3.67 seconds. There are few 4 door sedans in this league.

Hey, all Porsche's are wonderful. Buy the newest and best your wallet can afford and don't look back; Next years model is always on the way!!

Cheers, JohnnyB

Old 03-03-2012, 04:25 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I have only driven a turbo with powerkit vs 4s, and between those there is a real difference. Not so much 0-100, but 0-200 is in another league. I went for the powerkit turbo, because I love turbo torque and didnt want a slower car than my 997tt, which I was supposed to keep for some time, but couldnt. The gts makes the 4s to a whole new level, sporty suspension, turbo looks, extra hp narrowing the gap. I think you need to test drive both. Turbos are usually luxury and fast and the gts cars seem to be the sporty, noisy n/a cars that make it feel even more than a sportscar and you feel more connected, usually with some less comfort. They both are really nice!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Like kip said, 0 - 200 Kph is another league for the Turbo, not to mention Turbo S. I'd bet there's more than 4s difference between GTS and Turbo for that run. That's huge. The GTS as good as it is, it's still a Panamera S/4S car with a bump in power. No match for the Turbo.