Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Car Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 07:24 AM
Robotpedlr will become famous soon enoughRobotpedlr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Pieter97
I bought a new Lexus last year, hated it, sold it, but I (think I ) can still start the car from my i-phone and get emails / texts when the new owner leaves it unlocked...I can also see where the car is parked. I have not tried to start it, and in fact, will remove the app from my phone, but as a non tech person, I can clearly see the obvious security issues with this system.
The good news for that on the Porsche app is that all you can do is lock your doors. So the hackers would have some pretty limited functionality compared to other full functioning remote apps.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Trauma is on a distinguished road
IMO, the app is completely useless. I mean, it's nice to know how many miles I have put on the car, and how full the gas tank is, but then again, I get this data as soon as I get behind the wheel. Can't lock doors, or fold mirrors - not an option for my vehicle apparently.

I can see the potential for using apps like this to actually notify me of things (like when my tire tread may be low, or when I need a scheduled oil change or service, but for routine use, I have no idea what the utility of this app is...

Old 12-21-2015, 06:01 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Theft alerts might be useful.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:16 AM
MolarMan is on a distinguished road
I have PCC for my 2015 Panamera GTS and had same problem. What I was told, in a nut shell, was that it was a liability issue and was not offered in the US. This also included being able to put windows up if left open.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Robotpedlr will become famous soon enoughRobotpedlr will become famous soon enough
Just checked and my LOCK option now shows on PCC (it didn't before)...so they must have updated it to add that functionality to the units that didn't initially have it.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:22 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Robotpedlr
Just checked and my LOCK option now shows on PCC (it didn't before)...so they must have updated it to add that functionality to the units that didn't initially have it.
Good to hear...but it's still only "LOCK" - there's no "UNLOCK" capability like OnStar provides.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:30 AM
I am happy to gain the lock option. Would be perfect to lock the car if you forgot. Definitely too slow of a process for unlock even if that was available.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 AM
nephew is on a distinguished road
My renewal is up (after the free trial after purchasing the car) and I am having a hard time justifying spending $479 for 2 years of service. I think I used the app once in a real-work situation to ensure that the car was locked. There is just not enough functionality to justify virtually any spend on this option.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by nephew
My renewal is up (after the free trial after purchasing the car) and I am having a hard time justifying spending $479 for 2 years of service. I think I used the app once in a real-work situation to ensure that the car was locked. There is just not enough functionality to justify virtually any spend on this option.

Definitely wouldn't pay $480 for the limited (slow) functionality it gives. Maybe you will get lucky like me and a few months after the subscription ends and your functionality goes away.... it will all come back w/o paying $1. Ha...not sure how that happened.. but has been working for a few months now and everything is working like during the trial period.