Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Car Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Robotpedlr will become famous soon enoughRobotpedlr will become famous soon enough
Porsche Car Connect

For those with Porsche Car Connect (US), are you able to lock / unlock your doors?

The manual says I should be able to (since I have the entry/drive option) but all I see is the "fold mirrors" option on the screen where I should also see lock/unlock. My phone is set up on PCC as "expert" mode which should give me all functions. ???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-828751902.jpg (248.9 KB, 306 views)
Old 02-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Gus_Smedstad is on a distinguished road
The only option I have is "fold mirrors," which is kind of useless. I can't imagine caring about doing that remotely.

Note the words "suitably equipped." I'm guessing there's a required option. I was expecting that PCC would let me turn on the heat or AC remotely, but that's only possible if you bought the "auxiliary cabin conditioning" option, which is $1500.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Robotpedlr will become famous soon enoughRobotpedlr will become famous soon enough
You are correct about the aux heat/cool. But for door locking it says it requires "entry and drive" which I have.

Guess it's time to call the dealer (of course they won't know either).

Thanks for the reply

Old 02-02-2015, 04:31 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I have all the stuff in my 2014 Jeep GC, it even starts the car from the phone, I can honestly say I have never once used it and I doubt I ever will.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
I'm having the same problem. I have a car with Entry & Drive, but I don't see an option to lock the doors. I called Car Connect support, and the rep told me she would have a tech get back to me. It's been two weeks and no phone call. She did suggest that it might be the dealer's fault for not enabling the feature during initial setup, but I was hoping to get confirmation before bothering the dealer with it.

That all said, I find all the features of Car Connect to be gimmicky and somewhat pointless. If I could pre-cool the car on a hot day, that would be welcome, but I can't. Also, it's cool that the car will theoretically alert me if there's a theft attempt, but what about if the alarm simply goes off? That would be another welcome feature.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:07 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I just discovered my BMW 650 has all that stuff and even more things, and they actually work. I still cannot see the use for all of it other than hey look my cars sends emails.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by ELMEL
I'm having the same problem. I have a car with Entry & Drive, but I don't see an option to lock the doors. I called Car Connect support, and the rep told me she would have a tech get back to me. It's been two weeks and no phone call. She did suggest that it might be the dealer's fault for not enabling the feature during initial setup, but I was hoping to get confirmation before bothering the dealer with it.
After a few emails back and forth with Porsche earlier this year, I found the reason that my PCC does not have the lock option. It is based on build week and I missed it by 1 week. Here is what they sent me:

Why can't I lock my vehicle with PCC?
It is only possible to lock the vehicle remotely with PCC if the vehicle is equipped with options 7G9 "Porsche Car Connect" + 625 "Porsche Entry & Drive" + IY2 "MODELLJAHRSESZEITRAUM 2 (VON KW45)"
Vehicles produced before calendar week 45 will have option IY1 "MODELLJAHRESZEITRAUM 1 (BIS KW45)" and will only have the ability to view the vehicle lock status and fold in the exterior mirrors

Old 07-30-2015, 08:05 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Robotpedlr
After a few emails back and forth with Porsche earlier this year, I found the reason that my PCC does not have the lock option. It is based on build week and I missed it by 1 week. Here is what they sent me:

Why can't I lock my vehicle with PCC?
It is only possible to lock the vehicle remotely with PCC if the vehicle is equipped with options 7G9 "Porsche Car Connect" + 625 "Porsche Entry & Drive" + IY2 "MODELLJAHRSESZEITRAUM 2 (VON KW45)"
Vehicles produced before calendar week 45 will have option IY1 "MODELLJAHRESZEITRAUM 1 (BIS KW45)" and will only have the ability to view the vehicle lock status and fold in the exterior mirrors
Which is really sad, since I have a 2014 PSeH and it was supposed to have this functionality.

My experience with Porsche ownership to date, has been closer to that of Lotus than Mercedes. And anyone who has owned or does own a Lotus knows that is saying a lot.

$0.02

Old 08-02-2015, 11:56 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
I'm leery of all the wireless connectivity in the newer cars......it has now been proven these cars can be remotely hacked and control taken away from the driver.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:30 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
FWIW... I allowed my trial Car Connect subscription to lapse, and then I called to renew. Once it renewed, the Lock capability suddenly appeared. Weird, but now I have it.

Last edited by ELMEL; 12-27-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:57 PM
FWIW... I allowed my trial Car Connect subscription to lapse, and then I called to renew. Once it renewed, the Lock capability suddenly appeared. Weird, but now I have it.
Do you know the build date (week) of your car? Also, have you tried to see if it locks or is it just showing up as a non functional icon. I was told per the email from Porsche in my previous note, if your build date is before the switch over of the part version in Nov 14, you cant get that option to work.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:08 PM
My build date is 3/14. I have no documentation on the week. 2014 Panamera Turbo S with Car Connect and Entry & Drive. Pressing the lock button in the app now causes the car to lock and arm the alarm.

That said, I find the functionality of Car Connect to be mostly gimmicky. There's not much in it that I actually need. It's really just about cool factor for me. But still not as cool as my friends who have new Volkswagens, so that's kind of lame.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:53 AM
My build date is 3/14. I have no documentation on the week. 2014 Panamera Turbo S with Car Connect and Entry & Drive. Pressing the lock button in the app now causes the car to lock and arm the alarm.

That said, I find the functionality of Car Connect to be mostly gimmicky. There's not much in it that I actually need. It's really just about cool factor for me. But still not as cool as my friends who have new Volkswagens, so that's kind of lame.
Interesting... your build date is before mine, so I wonder if they changed something in the software to allow the lock feature to work on the original version (or maybe the Pana vs different then the Cayenne).

But as you said, it is gimmicky. I would consider renewing the Remote Services feature (for remote locking) if the app was quicker.. since it seems to take 30 seconds or so to connect to the car that diminishes the usability for me (maybe I am too impatient).

Old 12-20-2015, 04:10 PM
I should be clear about one thing... The lock button wasn't in the app until a few days ago. Maybe they did something at Car Connect to fix it, or maybe it magically reappeared after my my account was reinstated. I have no idea.

And yeah, mine takes about 30 seconds to connect to the car as well. That said, it seems I can send a command and then go about my business without waiting to see evidence of a connection. It will eventually do the right thing as long as it can eventually find the car. I think CarConnect is communicating with the car entirely over cellular, so I'm guessing cell reception might have something to do with it. Not sure though.

Last edited by ELMEL; 12-20-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:01 AM
Pieter97 is on a distinguished road
security

Originally Posted by blackbull
I'm leery of all the wireless connectivity in the newer cars......it has now been proven these cars can be remotely hacked and control taken away from the driver.
I bought a new Lexus last year, hated it, sold it, but I (think I ) can still start the car from my i-phone and get emails / texts when the new owner leaves it unlocked...I can also see where the car is parked.

I have not tried to start it, and in fact, will remove the app from my phone, but as a non tech person, I can clearly see the obvious security issues with this system.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Car Connect