Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Yesterday was a great day! Make finally made me drive the F430. I said ok after breakfast and figured that Donna and I have put him and Caryl through enough so driving the car is the least I could do!

I must say that was a great great experience!!

Old 01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Missed a good one! I had yard work to do that needed good weather.... however driving would have been more fun! hehehe.

Seth

Old 01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
I thought i'd offer a few comments that I PM'd Senna.

Great idea!

In the future, I think we will get better turnout on Saturday AM.
When I was at Cars and Coffee in irvine I noticed a few things that I think greatly contributed to its success.

The cars were interesting. Generally speaking, more interesting cars have higher demand, Higher demand means a higher price tag, higher price tag means bigger wallet. Where are the bigger Wallets? the biggest are in Medina on the lake. Other thick ones are in or near Bellevue. An added bonus, by locating close to the interesting cars the garage queens are more likely to make the trip outside since the miles are kept to a minimum for them to get there. It has an added bonus that the more interesting the cars are, the more likely people are to come from far away to see the cars and thus drive there best to show as well.

The location was perfect. You had one entry and exit point. This meant that you saw anycar that entered the area and owners of highend car felt safe as their car was in a pretty secure area. There was a big parking lot near by so those with trailered cars could off load then and spectators could come and park in a seperate location which added to the effect. All of the interesting cars were concentrated and the Accords and other "normal" car were not in a position to dilute the effect.

There were loose rules. There was a posted sign at the entry point which had a welcome message on one side and a goodbye message on the other. I don't remember the suggested rules they had but I do remember one of them being on your way out they suggested not peeling out or accelerating quickly as they wanted to keep the site looking nice for the next event and they didn't want any people or cars getting hurt.

The event was early. I am guessing as to why. but I think that many successful people are up early and enjoy the lack of traffic as they put their nicest car on the road. They also have other things to do during the day and doing this early allows people to still head away for the weekend. I think the event was from 7-9AM on a Saturday.

The cause was posted on the way in and you knew where to go to donate/participate. I think when I was there it was like the Girl Scouts or something, but either way, its a great way to be involved and play with our toys.

I'd gladly be a part of the planning commitee on this.
Thanks. I really like many of your points above.
Nothing like a breadth of fresh air 7am in the morning. Keeps the wife and kids happy when your family weekend schedules are not intrusive.

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-14-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
It was great to see all of your ugly mugs yesterday. I look foward to doing this a few more times when the weather is nice.

FYI: My car is now clean! If anyone would like to take pictures of it.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:16 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^^both sides? =D

Old 01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
hahaha^^^^^

Look at my new sig!

Thanks to Mark I have a goal in my life.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:26 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Nice pics looks like it was a great meet.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:27 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
I'm game for any meets February on.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:36 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
hahaha^^^^^

Look at my new sig!

Thanks to Mark I have a goal in my life.
Haha, More GT3? Less Marriage?

Old 01-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Just a boxster?
Sure I would I would say yes as long as the GT3RS asked me....

Old 01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Sure I would I would say yes as long as the GT3RS asked me....
Stick w/ Carrie my GT3 doesn't swallow

Old 01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
mattkins99 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Stick w/ Carrie my GT3 doesn't swallow
But it will age quite gracefully...

Old 01-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Just a boxster?
I kid I kid...I just know what if any will be my next Pcar!

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 01-14-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
The gathering can work ok in this area as compared to California. I have started a majority of the 6speed events and gaterhings alike so I have some experience with the events and some people that we can gather. In order for a really good Cars and Coffee there needs to be a consistent run and it needs to happen almost every ,or a set time once per month. This can be tough in Seattle due to weather that we are all familiar with, the cold, rain, overcast etc causes alot of issues with people that love their garage queens dry and not touch the water. Parking lots in the bellevue area that has ONE entrance....good luck!
Then from there we would have to work it out with management over time to let us have an entire portion of the parking lot for the highend cars. Can this happen...sure but tough to do when we want to do it in the morning on Saturday and maybe happens 4 months out of the year or less.

I am all for the 6speed crew doing our own cars and coffee and finding a good location. One spot is the Kirkland location we used earlier in the year. Something that is close the a "major" or common road that is in a weathly area. Kirkland waterfront strip fills that pretty well. The front parking lot can work for a little bit, but as we grow we have to adapt. with a good "core" of cars and people this can grow, but we need to make it consistent and word of mouth needs to travel!

As for the days; Saturdays are always great, but winter and spring time 7am isn't a desirable time due to it being dark and very cold outside. Yet a time of 9-10am start till noon works well. Some people always enjoy a drive and some like to go and eat lunch.

I wrote this all in 3 min and have a TON of thoughts in my head..if I missed something or sound like I went off course for a second I apologize.. i got some work to do

Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
The Starbucks in my town on Saturday am early would work great. Far end of a Target Parking lot and it's a great parking lot for many cars. I think 100 plus could show and then and only then would Bruce not put so many fricken miles on my cars. Gig Harbor btw. Also if a drive is wanted we could do some small spins but it turns out people are just looking to hang out so it's no biggie to not drive that much. I can ride my mountain bike to this location. that saves me some gas money. I wrote all of this in under 2 mins. helping my son read a portion of his book. Just to beat Bruce

Originally Posted by Brucem
The gathering can work ok in this area as compared to California. I have started a majority of the 6speed events and gaterhings alike so I have some experience with the events and some people that we can gather. In order for a really good Cars and Coffee there needs to be a consistent run and it needs to happen almost every ,or a set time once per month. This can be tough in Seattle due to weather that we are all familiar with, the cold, rain, overcast etc causes alot of issues with people that love their garage queens dry and not touch the water. Parking lots in the bellevue area that has ONE entrance....good luck!
Then from there we would have to work it out with management over time to let us have an entire portion of the parking lot for the highend cars. Can this happen...sure but tough to do when we want to do it in the morning on Saturday and maybe happens 4 months out of the year or less.

I am all for the 6speed crew doing our own cars and coffee and finding a good location. One spot is the Kirkland location we used earlier in the year. Something that is close the a "major" or common road that is in a weathly area. Kirkland waterfront strip fills that pretty well. The front parking lot can work for a little bit, but as we grow we have to adapt. with a good "core" of cars and people this can grow, but we need to make it consistent and word of mouth needs to travel!

As for the days; Saturdays are always great, but winter and spring time 7am isn't a desirable time due to it being dark and very cold outside. Yet a time of 9-10am start till noon works well. Some people always enjoy a drive and some like to go and eat lunch.

I wrote this all in 3 min and have a TON of thoughts in my head..if I missed something or sound like I went off course for a second I apologize.. i got some work to do

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee