Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Feeler: 2006 m5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:17 PM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
Feeler: 2006 m5

Hey guys,
So I just picked up this car in November after turning in the turbo (wanted 4 doors for the kids). Got the full Hartge kit, wheels and exhaust and absolutedly LOVE the car. The break in period is 3,100 miles and I just pasted that mark. The car is a monster above 5000rpm. Every bit as quick as a stock turbo if not quicker.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) we decided to buy a new house which is closing in a few days and I'm thinking about ways to cut some costs if I can. Debating whether or not to sell the m5 and get something like an m3, OR keep the m5 and suck it up, OR sell the m5 and get a beater car just to get me to and from BART.

Decisions, decisions...

Anyways, wanted to gauge the interest level. Cars are still selling above MSRP here in SF. Perfect condition inside and out.

Could sell stock or with the mods. Looking for $87K stock.

Kevin

Last edited by kmy; 12-04-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Banned
Chaapa'ai has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Bump! For a fellow bimmer owner. Gorgeous color by the way. I am selling my BMW too due to financial reasons. For $40 you can toss it on ebay to guage interest and possibly even sell the vehicle. Just put the minimum bid at what your $87k and then you don't need to do a reserve price. Easy!

Old 03-04-2006, 09:23 AM
LEGENDPORSCHE is on a distinguished road
Nice car good luck selling it.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:25 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
how much for all the aftermarket stuff?

Old 03-04-2006, 11:38 AM
kmy
kmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to beholdkmy is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys. thanks for the replies. Thinking it might be better to sell the car as is with all of the parts. I'm in no hurry and I'm assuming there will be others out there interested in a Hartge M5. Plus with all of the mods and labor done, a buyer would get the best deal buying the car as is.

Here is a quick list of mods...

- 21'' Hartge wheels - $3500
- Continental Tires - $1600
- Hartge Exhaust - $1800
- Hartge front and rear spoilers plus paint - $1470
- H&R springs, install and alignment - $1000

this excludes labor for the exhaust, mounting/balancing tires, tax, etc. Over $10K in mods.

Send any potentially interested parties my way! Thanks!

Kevin

Old 03-04-2006, 12:47 PM
turbo_freak is on a distinguished road
car looks awesone, love the Hartge stuff, gl and if I hear of any one I'll send 'em your way

Old 03-04-2006, 02:58 PM
kmy
Turbo Freak
That's awesome. Thanks for the compliments and let me know if anyone comes to mind. Cheers!

Kevin

Old 03-05-2006, 12:47 AM
thebk is on a distinguished road
Curious of what you would want for the car minus the wheels and tires. I am about to sell my m3 and may be interested, although I am considering a 996tt and a maser gransport. Also what color is the interior?
BK

Old 03-05-2006, 01:59 AM
jess996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin.
I'm interest, call me asap at 626-712-4641, I'm in La.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:09 PM
evo_333 will become famous soon enoughevo_333 will become famous soon enough
would you be willing to part the Hartge stuff out?

Old 03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
kmy
Originally Posted by thebk
Curious of what you would want for the car minus the wheels and tires. I am about to sell my m3 and may be interested, although I am considering a 996tt and a maser gransport. Also what color is the interior?
BK
Hi there. Interior is black with the aluminum trim. I would consider selling the car without the wheels and tires, but most of the folks calling want the entire Hartge package. Feels like the car is most appealing for those looking for a deal specifically on a Hartge m5. Saves them the hassle of locating, ordering, buying, painting, installing parts, etc. PM me or call me at 925-381-4724. Thanks!

Kevin

btw, maybe we could swap cars??? just re-read your post!

Old 03-05-2006, 03:34 PM
kmy
Originally Posted by evo_333
would you be willing to part the Hartge stuff out?
Only if the car as is doesn't sell. Thanks!

Old 03-05-2006, 05:58 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
that is a hot car period....
good luck in selling it.

raja

Old 03-06-2006, 01:27 AM
kmy
Thanks Raja. Will be sorry to see her go!!! Never thought I'd find a suitable replacement for the turbo!

Kevin

Old 03-06-2006, 09:22 PM
thebk is on a distinguished road
Hahaha yea we can do a straight up trade