997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Loosing my mind in the infant car seat quest!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:22 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Loosing my mind in the infant car seat quest!

I have read, read more, done searches, searches on searches but I am lost.... my child is not 30lbs, he is 26 range and maybe another 4-5 months before he is 30+ so do I buy a 30-80lb seat like the fisher price people recommend? Just not sure I am comfortable with that.... Can anyone please recomend some options for a 997 narrow body car for back seat infant seat child in the 25-26lb range?.... my child won't tolerate that foam piece in "his space" that comes with the porsche seat....

I hate to be that guy re-hashing a topic hit numerous times but for the record I looked all over and the recomendations are great but just don't seem to fit my situation... thanks again all for any help..

Old 03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Mike R. is on a distinguished road
Mickfluff - I have a three year old and switch b/w a Graco car seat and the Fisher Price booster seat. I'll try to take a photo within a day or two and post it. I'm not crazy about the Graco w/o having it latch to anything. IMO, there is a little too much lateral sway. Interestingly, though, a friend of mine with kids the same ago just discovered that there is a cut-out behind the rear seat. The dealer advised him that this can be used for a latch device. He is going to dealer on Wednesday to find out more info. I'll keep you posted. Feel free to PM me.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Andre5 will become famous soon enoughAndre5 will become famous soon enough
mickfluff,

I'm in the same boat you're in. My daughter is 3-1/2 yrs old and very petite at 29lbs. I'm waiting for her to hit 30lbs. I'll then go with the FP Safe Voyage.

We have the Recaro Young Sport in our S6. The base is too wide for the narrow rear seats of the 997S.

We also have a Graco in our GTI that fits in the rear seats of the 997S, but the seat belt buckle receptacle sits too far forward of the seat. This allows the Graco to twist while perched on the rear seat, with or without the 997S seat bottom cushion in place. Removing the rear seat back of the 997S just makes it worse. I don't want to shim the Graco seat with a rolled up towel as it doesn't seem to be safe. I did however locate the top latch receptacle on the rear deck of the 997S. Even with the Graco secured by the top latch, it still twisted in the rear seat.

The other alternatives are the Porsche Junior seat part no 955 044 800 39 (that you don't like) or the Porsche Plus seat part no 955 044 801 03 for kids 33-80lbs and 4-12 yrs of age.

Hang in there - you're not the only one stressing over this!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 PM
997C2S Nut is on a distinguished road
Mickfluff, thanks for staying on this topic. My 6 mo old daughter weighs 16 pounds and I just can't figure things out. Mom in the back with Baby in the front? I'm hoping for Mom in the front and Baby in the back.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
check out this seat:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=1943168
found out about it on rennlist...it fits the back of my 993 and thus should fit for you too.

when your son graduates from that seat, you can pick up the fischer price safe voyage booster, which i have and also fits for me.
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.as...005513&RN=7023&

Last edited by Midcont; 03-11-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Benzwiz is on a distinguished road
any pictures anyone?

Old 03-11-2008, 06:53 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I have a Pro-Tec Car Seat that I purchased from the Mamas & Papas franchise in the UK. I picked it up in London and the seat is a perfect match for the Porsche back seats.

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-2447253/type-i/

Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 2yr old about 28 pounds and the seat Britax that I put in my 997 was a very sloppy fit as well I ended up trying to firm it up by foam under and on the sides of the base. I was still not happy still too much lateral movement. Now I'm thinking of trying the front seat or booster. My son loves the carrera and tries to get in everytime he sees it. I need to find something that works. As well I have followed all the threads and all I came up with was the Britax which really does not work imo. Sorry for the rant, I just hope we see a good alternative for these seats.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Just trying to keep this topic up!

Anyone else.... please help some new dads here!

Man this is such a pain, I have over educated myself to death on this topic and I honestly think I am more in a tail spin then when I started....

I may try and get the one the gentemen referred to in england?

Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hmm.
We use the Porsche Jr. Latch seat in the back of my 997s, with the seat cushion removed, and have it tethered to the latch under the rear deck carpet- it's very secure. My son has no problem with the "impact table", and easily transitions between that and strap-style seat in my wife's car.

If you can get your son used to the impact table, the Porsche Junior Seat is really good. It's ok from 26 pounds to like 65 pounds.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:37 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Hmm.
We use the Porsche Jr. Latch seat in the back of my 997s, with the seat cushion removed, and have it tethered to the latch under the rear deck carpet- it's very secure. My son has no problem with the "impact table", and easily transitions between that and strap-style seat in my wife's car.

If you can get your son used to the impact table, the Porsche Junior Seat is really good. It's ok from 26 pounds to like 65 pounds.
The Porsche Jr. starts at 26 lbs? I thought it was like 20-80 lbs.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Guys - I have a Graco ComfortSport and it works fine in the back of the 997. I believe I paid like $75 for it at Babies R Us. Because it is seat-belt mounted (997 doesnt have the metal seat hooks) there is some slight play as any car w/o the metal hooks. See below picture....plenty of room. My daughter is 15 months and 22 lbs.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:30 PM
997C2S Nut is on a distinguished road
Good to know, thank you.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Andre5 will become famous soon enoughAndre5 will become famous soon enough
Synergy,

I've got the same seat with the same issue. I may just break down and buy the Porsche Junior Seat for peace of mind.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Andre5
Synergy,

I've got the same seat with the same issue. I may just break down and buy the Porsche Junior Seat for peace of mind.
If the top strap clamps onto the bracket below the rear window glass then the seat will be a bit more secure. I believe you need to cut the carpet, my friend had this done at the dealer and it may be worth looking into.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Loosing my mind in the infant car seat quest!