996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

changed the interior......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
changed the interior......

Well I have been busy getting new things for my interior on my car... can anyone spot the BIG difference you don't see in other 99 cars

added roll cage and GT3 seats w/schroth harness setup

redoing interior panels in Suede, front of car (and headliner)should be done by june

mmmm carbon.... i love it

suede gauge pod

hmmmmmm

new shifter, ebrake, lower center console w/cd holder

and of course the car

Old 04-21-2006, 04:53 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Cupholders!!!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
ah yes!! Cupholders it is!!I changed it all from this

needed all of these parts! thanks to Jeff at Sunset Porsche for setting everything up!

did i do the right thing LOL

Old 04-21-2006, 05:04 PM
CadenceX has a spectacular aura aboutCadenceX has a spectacular aura about
dude looks fresh...
I need to catch up. I like the CF door handles and the suede.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Looks sweet!!

How did the GT4 help with the cupholder install?

Old 04-21-2006, 06:20 PM
John Romano is on a distinguished road
Is that suede or alcantera? It's beautiful!!! What was the cost to cover all that plastic?

Old 04-21-2006, 06:31 PM
viper501 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by John Romano
Is that suede or alcantera? It's beautiful!!! What was the cost to cover all that plastic?
What he said. Inquiring minds want to know...

Old 04-21-2006, 06:53 PM
it is the Alcantara that you see in the new cars. The material is called Passion suede. I have been doing th wrapping myself and I am into it about $150.00 in material so far. My car audio installer will be doing my door panels and dash so I have to be patient for that to be done. I can do alot of basic stuff like center console cover and what not. I will try and get more pix of that stuff later for you all!

glad you all like it!

oh yes, and GT4 is good to help me concentrate

Old 04-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
It feels like new car with all new interior pc. Well done! Do you have GT3 cluster?

Old 04-21-2006, 07:24 PM
nope not a GT3 cluster... i have a friend that makes gagues and I had him make me a custom set. I had the GT3 logo done to bring in the theme of the car. he is going to make me another set and I may have him do an RSR logo this time...

Old 04-21-2006, 07:48 PM
viper501 is on a distinguished road
What are you using to attach it? Are you removing the vinyl first or overlaying? A short DIY would be great. Any 'mistakes'?

Old 04-21-2006, 07:50 PM
ya there are some mistakes especially when you are learning. The down side to using the suede is that it is not very pliable like Leather or vinyl. It is really tough to work around corners. I have to redo a few pieces so I will do a little write up for everyone here after the first of the month

whoops.. I am using a spray sdhesive to attached it. for most parts I leave the vinyl on there to give it a little padding, other pieces I pulled the factory stuff off, just depends how big the piece is too.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Can your friend make yellow dials with turbo logo for rpm guage only? maybe pastel yellow?? you know the color code

Old 04-21-2006, 08:06 PM
yes he could!! we are going to make a couple more on my car to make them perfect then he will start selling to people here! I have mine pretty close to Pastel yellow.. such a great color

Old 04-21-2006, 08:25 PM
nicolaasdb is on a distinguished road
Car looks great...suede interior is the way to go...and for 150 bucks and a couple of weekends work...is a great mod..might be my next one!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: changed the interior......