997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone else slightly disappointed with 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:56 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone else slightly disappointed with 997TT

I'll be honest, I miss my 2006 Gallardo bad!!.....The 997TT although slightly faster, lacks the sports car charachter of the Gallardo....After getting out of my Gallardo, the 997TT feels closer to a GT car than a sports car.....closer in character to an M6...

Here is my list of shortcomings

1) Exhaust...Are you kidding??? so quiet
2) Steering...feels way overboosted and light
3) Ride Height...way to high
4) Handling....not pinned to road like my G was
5) Looks....the car is invisible, nobody even looks...(now that is not why I buy a car, but, come on at $130k+ you'd like someone to notice)

All of the above were strong point of my Gallardo and I honestly wish I still had it....Anyone else??

Lou

Old 07-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I am surprised you would sell the G to get the 997tt. Well, since you are pretty used to getting in and out of cars, sell this and go get your G back. That thing was ****...............

Old 07-21-2006, 04:11 PM
mja 996TT is on a distinguished road
Lou,

Fox Valley still has your G listed on their website ...... I'm sure they would love to sell your 997 turbo

I also was surprised to see that you had sold it; go get it back!!!!!!!!

I'm having trouble justifing the 60k difference to go from my '02 to the 997 turbo........... not sure what I'm going to do.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:17 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
I think #5 pretty much sums up the problem with Porsche today. The brand is no longer unique; you see them everywhere, and how many people (other then entusiasts) know the difference between a 997 coupe and a 997 TT. Cars like Lamborghini and Ferrari are rare and their designs excite even the least knowledgable persons.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:19 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I'm stinking the 997 GT3 with its slightly better daily practicality (compared to the 996 version) would be the car I'd get, if I was in the market.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:19 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mja 996TT
Lou,

Fox Valley still has your G listed on their website ...... I'm sure they would love to sell your 997 turbo

I also was surprised to see that you had sold it; go get it back!!!!!!!!

I'm having trouble justifing the 60k difference to go from my '02 to the 997 turbo........... not sure what I'm going to do.
Still has it listed on their website?? I only traded the car in about two weeks ago.......Its the 2006 Gallardo with black rims/...

Lou

Old 07-21-2006, 04:21 PM
One day she will be mine.
elduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really nice
Dude, deffinitly go get the G back. That thing was ****! And im sure it got more **** also.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Lou,

Step up to a Murcielago or LP640. Regardless of what you get. once the car has been driven awhile, you are probably like me. Boredom sets in quickly.....

Old 07-21-2006, 04:22 PM
mja 996TT is on a distinguished road
I just went on their website... 1600 miles Avis 19's in front and 20 on the rear.... thought that was your car!

Old 07-21-2006, 04:27 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I think I might cancell my 997TT order until the mods come out for it. Now way in hell am I gonna drive that around stock. Needs Techart NOSE, Some nicer wing, Lowering coilovers, and 100HP + tune minimum.

Although white looks sweet

Old 07-21-2006, 04:36 PM
MCJ
MCJ will become famous soon enoughMCJ will become famous soon enough
Sell it on Ebay and you'll end up making money on it.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:37 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
IMO the Gallardo ant the 997tt should not be mentioned in the same sentence. They are two different cars and if you want to show off go and get your Gallardo back. IMO,the TT has plenty of presence and does EVERYTHING right. So what no one is looking at you and you dont feel like a rockstar; The tt will always have its reputation as being one of the baddest cars on the road and has its respect in a different level.

When I had my 05TTS coupe and test drove a Gallardo the first thing I noticed was that the Gallardo had no soul and did not exite me. It felt stale and lacked that whole driving thing.
Again, its a different car and thats that. If you want to show off get the Gallardo, if you want to drive, get the Porsche!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
IMO the Gallardo ant the 997tt should not be mentioned in the same sentence. They are two different cars and if you want to show off go and get your Gallardo back. IMO,the TT has plenty of presence and does EVERYTHING right. So what no one is looking at you and you dont feel like a rockstar; The tt will always have its reputation as being one of the baddest cars on the road and has its respect in a different level.

When I had my 05TTS coupe and test drove a Gallardo the first thing I noticed was that the Gallardo had no soul and did not exite me. It felt stale and lacked that whole driving thing.
Again, its a different car and thats that. If you want to show off get the Gallardo, if you want to drive, get the Porsche!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
They are two different cars and thats what I think. The TT is a great car and will never have that presence that the Gallardo as well as the Ferraris have but thats not what its about. The TT is a animal that is meant to be driven, the Gallardo is a car IMO that is more for the person that wants to look at it all day.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:51 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
The key to me is the ability to drive the TT every day, and not look like I spent a $$$$$$.

Not many people drive a lambo or ferrari 7 days a week, good weather and bad. Also they are both "look at me" cars. With the TT, it is bad enough that people will think I spent $$$. This is important to me as I am a physician and have many patients with modest means. I don't want to flaunt wealth, but I do want to enjoy a sports car.

Most important is they are very different cars, and you should drive what makes you happy, and that's it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else slightly disappointed with 997TT