GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New shoes for the GT3Cup Arrived= Carbon Dymags! Nice Check em out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
New shoes for the GT3Cup Arrived= Carbon Dymags! Nice Check em out

We are proud to announce that we will be the first U.S. based pro team running Dymag/Rennworx wheels in competition this year.
After meeting with one of the engineers from Dymag and Bill from Rennworx who visited our facility. We felt that the wheels would exceed performance requirements in todays road racing and could be an advantage in overall performance.

The wheels have been used extensively in europe and as you all know are OEM fitment on some supercars.

Here are some teaser shots- more on the car pics after Road Atlanta in 2 weeks.........

Oh ya they are VERY VERY light.

We will also be offering the wheels for street and race customers.

Attached Images     
Old 09-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Mika_Hakkinen is on a distinguished road
WOW.

I'm almost afraid to ask how much a set of those cost.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Cost- Thats all relative when your racing--- It all boils down to 10ths/100ths of a second.

They arent that bad ... Actually reasonable when you consider the performance advantage.

A set of 18's in cup car fitment runs about $8200.00 depending on the exchange . We are offering some special pricing if anyone is interested.

Contact me directly.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
man that will look awsome look forward to seeing u at petit will stop by!

Old 09-13-2006, 08:17 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Fabryce,

Are these available in 18X12?

Old 09-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor
No not yet

We have discussed 18x12 and they are considering making them. I want them for our GT2 as well.
If I can get a some serious interest in the 12" rears and get real commitments we can speed things up.

As you can imagine tooling is not in-expensive and orders usually dictate production and addition of new sizes.

So............... Let me know ..

Old 09-13-2006, 08:27 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
I hear ya...
I was jonesen for a set of RSL's in 12's for a while but they never made them

Old 09-13-2006, 08:57 PM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Talk about badass wheels! Structurally speaking are these as strong as any other wheels? They look amazing!

Old 09-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Are these TUV approved yet?

Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Former Vendor
Afterspeaking with the engineers

The barrels themselves are 2 x stronger than magnesium and 3x stronger than aluminum.
No problems with de-lamination - This is really high tech stuff.

These are race wheels so TUV approval is not needed. I would say that they have met european road requirements since they are original fitment on the mossler and koenigsig- ( Ok i butchered that spelling)

Dymag has been building wheels for well over 30 years- They are not a fly by night company..

Old 09-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
I, personally, wouldn't run a composite wheel in a street application. Unlike forged or cast aluminum/magnesium, composites do not deform under impact stress, they crack and shatter.

This has been an ongoing argument in the motorcycle world for years. Some people swear by them, but, I've personally seen what happens when a carbon wheel fails, and it isn't pretty.

In a race application on a car, where a prudent team will x-ray the wheels periodically for cracks and laminate damage, and where a wheel failure is serious but typically not catastrophic, they're probably worth the weight advantage.

On a bike, or a street car, they're not in my opinion.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:58 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
3x stronger than aluminum- that is impressive. I think Simba is right in regards to street applications... rather then bending, the rim will shatter, and that cant be good.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Former Vendor
Alex and Simba

When speaking with the Dymag I to asked about the wheel shattering and as it was explained to me the wheels -actually have a allot of elasticity from the composite material so the wheel barrel will actually spring back to original shapre before shattering... A standard metal barrel ( alu or mag ) will bend or break much quicker than this wheel will shatter.

Now I am no wheel expert or composite expert _ But I have broken- cracked- bent and shattered a fair share of magnesium wheels- We have had wheels develop cracks from being timed out - due to use. So its not just a carbon wheel.
So in the end - its really not just the carbon wheels that will fail- lightweight aluminum and magnesium will do the same.....

I think Dymag has a solid product- Maybe its not the latest thing since sliced bread- But they have been building wheels for 30 or so years.. So chances are they might know a thing or two about what they are doing.

Secondly- I know that the carbon wheel has been tried in formula 1 years ago. Luckily mankind and technology has moved forward by leaps and bounds over the last 20 years... The internet and forums are a funny thing- It doesnt take much to discredit a product and build up negative hype...

Until proven otherwise with some hard facts- I think that Dymag has a decent product.. It has been tested by Porsche Motorsport UK and there has been a positive performance increase running these wheels versus standard wheels.

*all the usual disclaimers apply to the above statements- blah -blah-blah- blah

Old 09-14-2006, 02:15 AM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
Man those things are nuts..

Old 09-14-2006, 09:17 AM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
vader I think a set for the gt3 would suit you very well haha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New shoes for the GT3Cup Arrived= Carbon Dymags! Nice Check em out