GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

SoCal Vigil on Saturday for our friend ben, lj

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:26 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
SoCal Vigil on Saturday for our friend ben, lj

SoCal 6speeders:

I apologize for the multiple threads...today is a very confusing day.

I would like to propose a vigil for Ben Keaton on Saturday, June 4 @ 7 AM. As you know, Ben's wonderful life was unexpectedly cut short in an accident today. He went by the username: ben, lj.

Ben was perhaps the most respected member of this board. His knowledge of Porsche and cars in general really helped to bring legitimacy to 6speedonline. He was a great person both on and off the board. In the time I knew him, he was always positive and happy.

As some of you may know, Ben was scheduled to be at Crystal Cove this weekend with his wife and baby. I propose that we meet at Crystal Cove on Saturday to grieve and reflect on the great contributions this man made to our lives. We are better for having known him in both a virtual and real sense.

I have been in phone contact with friends that are very close to Ben and they are overwhelmed by the outpouring of condolences on this board. I am keeping them apprised of our intentions on Saturday at CC. After the vigil, the crew will take a controlled drive down PCH in honor of Ben. We will have some form of distinguishing tag (i.e. commemorative sticker, etc) to place on the cars.

If you plan on attending, please reply to this post. I know his wife would be so happy to see a great turnout in honor of a great man.

Ben died doing what he loved. He spent many hours on this board with us. He will be deeply missed.

Meeting Place @ 6:30 AM on Saturday at Irvine Starbucks (we will drive to CC together after to ensure we park in the same area). If you can't make it to the Starbucks, just meet us at CC:

Alton Square - Irvine
5365-B Alton Parkway
Irvine CA, 92604
United States

Thomas

Last edited by TUUNER; 06-04-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:28 PM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
count me in.

Bruce

Old 06-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Mattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really nice
I will be there without fail. Ben did alot for people on this board and I think just the responses speak volumes about who he is. Ben will be deeply missed. He was a great car guy. This is such a reality check for me and I'm sure alot of you. Life is so shot. My prayers go out for him and his family.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:07 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
If my parents cant take me can someone car pool? I live in Carlsbad really close to where the car meets are. I dont trust my car for long trips especially since I have no way of knowing how much fuel I have, just yesterday my odometer and tripometer broke....my fuel gauge never worked.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:18 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I will be there in spirit.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Spuds is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be there.
While I did not know Ben personally he did put a lot of smiles on friends that I have come to know from 6Speedonline. Joe, Thomas, and Albert their faces of pure excitement and joy from riding in Ben's GT was a real pleasure.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:49 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Grate idea TUUNER

I wish if I can ..... but I'm 10,000 miles away.

My hart is with you all ..... good luck, and please keep us posted.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
I was able to get aride with my parents, see you all there.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:55 AM
BHANE is on a distinguished road
I took Saturday off, see you guys in CC...

Old 06-04-2005, 05:23 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Reminder. If you can be there, it would be great. We will take lots of pics in order to show Charlotte and Parker a small sample of the number of people who cared about Ben.

Thomas

Old 06-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Update

Tomorrow we will be handing out dark silver (seal grey) ribbons for those who are morning Ben's tragic passing. Seal grey is the appropriate color in this case.

Similarly, we will also be handing out commemorative stickers based on the design Albert (bumble996) developed. Please be sure to visit with me to make sure you get these items (we may very well run out). Not to worry, Albert and I will have more made soon if we run out of them.

We need big numbers here. I can't get over this.

Let's have a strong showing for our man, Ben.

Thomas

Last edited by TUUNER; 06-04-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the support. I just had breakfast with him last week at the SD meet. He took me for a ride in the GT. I got in the car and thanked him. He told me that he would do this all day if he could...just take his friends for a ride in the GT.

I think he was happier than I was at that moment.

I'll be at Starbucks early. I always look forward to our meets but this one is tough.

By the way, we will be taking a drive in honor of Ben between 9 AM and 10 AM tomorrow. I will distribute the route at the vigil.

Thomas

Old 06-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Jones is on a distinguished road
Thomas,

Please know that there are many of us who are just too far (East Coast, Overseas, etc.) that cannot be there in person; but, will be there in our thoughts, heart, and spirit.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends..

Jones