Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

RED BEAST Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 07:21 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
RED BEAST Thread

Just wanted to throw a big thank you out to PES and EVO the car is running fantastic. 2000 miles, 750 hp and no issues. One week from now I will be at the track and we will see how she does then!

Old 09-16-2005, 01:49 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Buddy,
Since this is the Tuner thread, could you post some data. How about a dump from the OBD2 port with max airflow, temp and timing? What about the specifics of those unique turbos you are using -- impeller size, A/R, turbine size, water cooled?
I am seriously curious!

Old 09-17-2005, 07:20 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Oh jeez! I am not the mechanical guru that Chad is! I just posted here because there were too many winers in the tt board about all my posts.

Let's start with this:

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by rmrmd1956
Buddy,
Since this is the Tuner thread, could you post some data. How about a dump from the OBD2 port with max airflow, temp and timing? What about the specifics of those unique turbos you are using -- impeller size, A/R, turbine size, water cooled?
I am seriously curious!
Where do I buy a tool such as this? The turbo's are water cooled.

Old 09-17-2005, 07:24 AM
From the PES website:

We are currently in development of our stage 5 upgrade. This is the ultimate upgrade for your street or track driven twin. Our goal for Stage 5 is 700HP (est.)
We chose custom Garrett T04B dual ball bearing turbos for this application. These turbos utilize the highest turbo technology available. They are also water cooled (factory turbos are not). Since the new Garrett turbos have completely different fittings/flanges, everything must be custom fabricated. Systems of this level are usually "one-off" magazine cars with astronomical price tags.

PES will bring such performance down to earth at a fair price, and make it a full production "bolt-on" system. Our system does not use additional "add on" injectors controlled by "band-aid" piggy-back computers. These items have no place on a twin. Instead we will use 6 properly sized, high output fuel injectors in the factory locations. This is not the easy way, but it is the right way. More details/pictures will be available as development progresses. Here are some of the key components...

Twin Garrettâ„¢ T04B dual ball bearing turbos with proprietary bearing housings
Twin stainless steel headers with external wastegates
Twin Tialâ„¢ billet external wastegates
High flow stainless steel exhaust with German 100 cell catalysts
6 custom high flow fuel injectors
Custom billet mass air flow sensor
Custom GIAC ECU tuning
Stainless/braided coolant lines/fittings to turbos
Oil lines/fittings
Electronic boost control system
And more...

Old 09-17-2005, 07:24 AM
My motor was also built by EVO with Carillo Rods, head studs, etc...

Also added the EVO air inlet tubes, EVO boost hose kit and the EVO Vflow intake.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:46 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Buddy,
This works well

http://www.obdscan.net/