Sponsored by:

356 Speedster replica's.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
996fury is on a distinguished road
I wonder if you could just buy the rolling chassis and do your own swap...(shrug)

Old 08-15-2006, 09:46 PM
82targa is on a distinguished road
356's are one of my favorite cars.... one day ill have one of those too.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Banned
nickm is on a distinguished road
My mechanic (66 yrs old) works on everyones 911 and 356 here in town (pop.250,000) grew up in Stuttgart area... swept the floors of the Porsche factory when he was a teenager, then worked on the 56-57 speedster... told me that he thought the nice replicas were a better car than the originals. Much tighter feel, more HP (if you have a slightly modified engine) and easier to maintain. Thought that might be an interesting point of view from a very experienced guy.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:05 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
I have found the same opinion from several other people as well, I can say personally that my replica's have been much more reliable and significantly more user friendly then the originals that I have been around.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:07 PM
joekimdds is on a distinguished road
has anyone have any expericence with www.BoulderSpeedster.com
looking to get one...

Old 11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
GT 350 is on a distinguished road
I see one every friday at a local event, and its done beautifully.
I think they are awesome cars, you just have to get the right replica.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:13 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
they look great, but I hate exiting the car smelling of gas and oil.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
flatsixnut will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by oak
they look great, but I hate exiting the car smelling of gas and oil.

Heck, thats half the fun of driving these older Porsches. My dad had come down for a few days this week and he was commenting on the smell of my car as we were driving to breakfast. He also said it was too loud to talk on his cell phone....I even put the windows up and it was too loud.....I love it!

Old 11-21-2006, 08:09 AM
flatsixnut will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by flatsixnut
Heck, thats half the fun of driving these older Porsches. My dad had come down for a few days this week and he was commenting on the smell of my car as we were driving to breakfast. He also said it was too loud to talk on his cell phone....I even put the windows up and it was too loud.....I love it!

So I get neg rep for the above post? At least they could have left their name....they did leave the following comment...."U nigggggaaaa!" Thats why I dont like this rep stuff.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:29 PM
M/A/D is on a distinguished road
Try Intermeccanica, they are IMHO the best out there. I've been to the factory here in Vancouver, and was humbled by the level of craftsmanship that goes into their vehicles. They offer recreations with full tube frame chasis's, and choices of powertrains going up to 911 power. And to boot, the owner Henry Reisner is super nice guy.

www.intermeccanica.com

I dunno, just my $0.02...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:44 PM
autobahn it has a spectacular aura aboutautobahn it has a spectacular aura aboutautobahn it has a spectacular aura about
I was told by my Porsche mechanic (68 years old) that he thought the replicas (nice ones) were better than the original ones. He's had plenty of originals at his shop, and has owned a few speedsters in the 22 years I've been going to him. He even had a Carrera project which he sold way too cheap. He worked at the factory when he was 14... as the beer & bread fetcher (on a bicycle) So I kind of want to believe his replica/original opinion. Just one persons opinion.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Banned
StephenTi is on a distinguished road
Modern reproductions are "better" cars than the original... no more different than a late-model Civic can out-do a 356 A/B/C/Cab/DConv/Roadster/Speedster at the track. At the end of the day, it just comes down to what's more important to the individual... driving THE original, or driving something that is more reliable, inexpensive, but ultimately a copy.

If you tell a 356 enthusiast that his original isn't as reliable, or as fast, or as well-built as your reproduction, he'll feel sorry... but not for himself.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
TMAC will become famous soon enough
I have started to consider buying one of these myself. I have been shopping around on Beck's site and am really impressed with what they have. I will check out the other companies that have been mentioned in this thread as well.
As much as I would like to have an original, I like the idea of owned a rep that is a better daily driver.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:53 PM
SYMB0LIC is on a distinguished road
I sat in one from this place in Malibu today, don't know much about replicas but the one they had in the show room was nice. I'm looking for a white one.

http://www.automotivelegends.com/

reasonable pricing as well.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
i bought one from vintagespeedsters in 2000...$16k, loaded, new engine...went on a job in 03 to s.korea and took the car with me...an instant celebrity...mags, music vids, photoshoots, etc... girls would ask for rides the only 356 of any kind there at the time...3 years later, sold it for a tidy profit too...awesome memories....i'll be getting the ivory one when the economy turns...whenever that will be...

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 356 Speedster replica's.