Feels like another lifetime.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Feels like another lifetime.

Waking up early to go to meets, feeling kinda sick with a grumpy stomach trying to get some good pictures of the best cars in the world to share on the internet with people less fortunate to get to see them in person.

One guy stood out, the guy was so into the enjoyment of this great hobby and clearly loved sharing it with his fellow car guys. It just so happened he had the best car out of everyone which was great cuz he went the extra mile and let people get up close and personal with it and even offered rides of a lifetime. I won't forget mine, a very capable street machine with a very confident capable man behind the wheel stretching its legs within reason in the early morning empty streets of Carlsbad where I grew up.

I think after that I smiled for the whole day, I may have even been smiling in my sleep that night. That was the most amazing car experience to date. And for a hard core hobbiest like me, it meant everything.

I remember talking with him via PMs alot trying to figure out how to host my composit car videos and meeting up with him to give him a few burned CDs of higher quality versions. Usually the online versions had to be graphically toned down so it wouldnt take up a lot of server space and bandwidth so the CDs were a treat, much more detail shown.

I met with him at symbolic motors at one particular get together to hand him some CDs and hang out looking at all the amazing machinery there at the service center. I wont forget his compliments toward me while chatting with my mother. Such a kind hearted guy, its rare.

Not long after that everything changed. The special PMs I looked forward to were no longer coming, the glow from the center of the crowd at the car meets was no longer there.

Anger, sadness, everything so overwhelming.

Having those feelings for such a long time after the trajedy really shows what kind of guy he was. A role model for all, taken away.

We still miss you ben, lj.