respectfully submitting a thought regarding a memorial fund for ben, lj's family....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 03:12 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
i would love for some sort of decal to be put on all our cars in remembrance of ben. His reach was a lot futher than so cal and this board and we were all blessed to have had him a part of us in one way or another. I am setting up a track day soon around the midwest and I love the idea of the one lap in memory of ben. I will issue a lap at my event as well.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:13 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk will become famous soon enoughKraftwerk will become famous soon enough
I love the idea of the 6speed family gathering across the country. I am down for everything and am impressed and honored by the support given by the board members.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:25 PM
seh1 is an unknown quantity at this point
My thoughts once again go out to all involved.

As I just posted in the "Sad News about OUR Ben..." I think we should consider honoring Ben's memory by minimizing the risk of this happening again - perhaps even in his name if possible. I've had a couple of scares from entrants on tracks, and it seems an achilles heel in many ways.

Lets use our resources to get the proper entities involved - we have the resources. Entry here in the US is usually at the end of the longest straight given the easy accomodation for grid space. These straights need to be artificially slowed on some tracks. More clearance will never work becouse you will always have entrant/flagger hesitansy.

just my two cents...

Sean

Last edited by seh1; 06-04-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
I want to express my deepest and sincerest condolences to Ben's family.. Even though I really don't know Ben, I think that he's a nice guy based on everyone's comments. May he rest in peace and God bless his soul..

When I first heard the story, I never knew it was Ben, lj in 6speed.. I was just looking over the carlsbad run pictures and he was there..

He will be in my prayers.

Old 06-04-2005, 07:15 PM
khaiser is on a distinguished road
I read on the F Chat board, they are taking donations and giving it to a charity in Ben and Cory and their family's name. I think they were going to donate to make a wish, because, and I quote, from the F board "
"Both of these guys (especially Ben considering the responses) obviously assisted in making wishes with their cars and members of this forum come true. Those that got their emails answered, those who got rides, etc."

How True! Ben did make many people's wishes come true!!

Here is the link.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61760

Last edited by khaiser; 06-04-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:52 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Another idea would be to have members of each area gather together simultaneously across the country.

Michele,

That is a great idea
We would be bonding across the country, awesome, what a tribute that would be!

Old 06-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I was just thinking of something like that...great idea.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:42 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
Originally posted by vipertestarossa
Another idea would be to have members of each area gather together simultaneously across the country.

Michele,

That is a great idea
We would be bonding across the country, awesome, what a tribute that would be!
great ideas.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by SteveH
we could also do a memorial fund for some sort of charity...maybe something having to do with other children that have lost parents and aren't as financially secure as I hope Ben's wife and child are.
This is what I was thinking... possibly a scholarship fund in his honor.