Update on Ben Memorial Miami Football Game Tickets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 11:52 AM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
Update on Ben Memorial Miami Football Game Tickets

The kids were supposed to attend the game this past weekend. From our rep at U. of Miami:

"I’m sure you heard about Hurricane Wilma, our worst Hurricane since Andrew. Power was out for 3 million people from Key West to Palm Beach (300 miles). The University of Miami was closed all of last week. I dropped off the tickets and the food vouchers to the NFL YET Center on Tuesday the November 18. I called them on 28th to confirm but they had no power or phone. The game time was changed from 3:30 to 12 noon because the Hurricane destroyed 2 light towers.

I was there with my camera but unfortunately they were not. I went to their seats and checked and also asked the Orange Bowl gate attendant to confirm. I also confirmed that no food vouchers were used. No word yet on the PAL, they were issued by Athletics and am waiting to hear back from them.

That being said, I am confident that Athletics will allow them to use the tickets you have donated and the University has matched at one of our two remaining home games; Georgia Tech on November 19th or Virginia on the 26th. I am waiting to hear from Athletics and then will contact the NFL YET Center to extend the new invitations. The Orange Bowl has also agreed to roll over the vouchers.

Obviously they had logistical issues. Lines for gas were 4 to 5 hours long and impossible for School Buses and all modes of communication were gone. Hopefully they’ll accept our invitation, if not we’ll find someone else."