6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Ambient Temperature sensor 997.1TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 09:24 AM
pretzel is on a distinguished road
Ambient Temperature sensor 997.1TT?

Where is it? With latest cold snap.....-20C daily high temperatures for the last 10 days, the temperature display is making me a bit crazy. When I am stopped for more than a short stretch the temperature shown starts to climb, about a degree every few seconds. Once driving again the displayed temperature drops pretty rapidly back to "where it should be"....freakin' cold!

I am assuming that the sensor has just shaken loose and sitting on a engine part/non-insulated hose. Any guidance how to get to it?

Cheers
P

Old 12-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pretzel
Where is it? With latest cold snap.....-20C daily high temperatures for the last 10 days, the temperature display is making me a bit crazy. When I am stopped for more than a short stretch the temperature shown starts to climb, about a degree every few seconds. Once driving again the displayed temperature drops pretty rapidly back to "where it should be"....freakin' cold!

I am assuming that the sensor has just shaken loose and sitting on a engine part/non-insulated hose. Any guidance how to get to it?

Cheers
P
Check around the radiator grills. My 2002 Boxster has its outside temperature sensor clipped to the grill on the passenger side. While I haven't confirmed this I think so too does my 996 Turbo.

Based on what you write the behavior I suspect so to does your car and the clip has come loose and the sensor is laying in the duct somewhere.

With a bit of luck the clip is ok the sensor just fell loose.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:41 AM
pretzel is on a distinguished road
Thanks....will crawl under the front of the car once weather warms up a bit.

PS can't add to your rep points.....says that it needs to be spread around a bit!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.