6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Durametric question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Contadino is on a distinguished road
Durametric question

Can the enthusiast version read the throttle position? Does the engine need to be running to do this?

Old 05-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Contadino
Can the enthusiast version read the throttle position? Does the engine need to be running to do this?
Have you checked with Durametric?

With no direct Durametric experience all I can offer is it should be able to read the throttle position. Standard OBD2 code readers/data viewers can obtain this info. It is a standard OBD2 PID (parameter ID) $11 (hex 11).

The value is available with the key on and the tool in communication with the DME. But it may be a stale value or more likely the value of the throttle position at its "closed" position.

With the engine running the value would be the current throttle position.

Why do you want to read the throttle position? Just curious or trouble-shooting a possible problem?

Old 05-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Contadino is on a distinguished road
I couldn't find it with the Durametric so I bought an OBDII reader which works great. I made a kickdown eliminator for my 991 with PDK and I wanted to make sure I was still getting full throttle, which I confirmed that I was.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.