6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

help! instrument cluster coding, reprogramming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 01:11 PM
twrblue is an unknown quantity at this point
help! instrument cluster coding, reprogramming

Hi,can anybody help me with coding/reprogramming instrument cluster?I need to reprogram donor cluster to my car ViN i guess or just match the features on the car...I've been told that PIWIS can do it, but dealer can't do that, since they want me to buy new cluster from them.

I know every other shop in Europe can do it, but here it seems to be problem to find anybody to help.

Thank you guys for any lead.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:12 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twrblue
Hi,can anybody help me with coding/reprogramming instrument cluster?I need to reprogram donor cluster to my car ViN i guess or just match the features on the car...I've been told that PIWIS can do it, but dealer can't do that, since they want me to buy new cluster from them.

I know every other shop in Europe can do it, but here it seems to be problem to find anybody to help.

Thank you guys for any lead.
PIWIS can't do it unless the cluster is "new". (Just a few months back went through this with my local dealer when I bought a used cluster to replace the original one in my Boxster. The original cluster had an airbag warning light stuck on and for which the cluster was to blame. The Porsche tech made several attempts to update the "new" cluster odometer with the reading from the old cluster odometer but was unsuccessful, as I expected. Not because I thought the tech was any way incompetent but because of the built in restrictions of PIWIS.)

However, there are shops that claim to be able to do what you ask. One that claims to be able to do this -- I have not had this done so I don't know for sure -- is autoparts.repair located in Las Vegas, NV.

Here is the link:

http://autoparts.repair

I'm told it can transfer all that is unique from the current cluster to a new/used one. 'course, it will need both clusters.

If you don't want to go to the trouble of shipping clusters there and back -- I did twice and the process wasn't painful by any stretch -- you will need to search out an automotive repair shop that specializes in cluster/gage repair. Every large metro area has at least one of these. Find this place -- use google -- and find out if the shop has the means to do what you want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.