6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

QUERY: Problems with PCM 2.1 NAV upgrade disk for 2005 cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 02:29 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
QUERY: Problems with PCM 2.1 NAV upgrade disk for 2005 cars

The recent "upgrade" of a new DVD has resulted in many errors and I am wondering if others have experienced the same.

In 2009 when I bought my CT Certified I was given the 2009 updated software. It worked fine. In 2013 and since I have been looking for that four year update.

What I found this spring was listed as a 2017 Porsche part but when I got the package inside it read "2015" and on the DVD it was copyrighted "2013."

This is an embarrassment. It is buggy as hell and gives so many errors that I am wanting to kill. Ok, not quite.

Most of the maps have NOT been updated and I travel a lot so I have this entire summer of (poor) experience trying to make the best of this costly "update." However, it really has the 202 Loop extension into the East Valley in it--so it's not a total loss.

But still, its warnings are given too late and it takes me in round about ways that I have never seen before. I really want the 2017 DVD and I want the screen resolutions to be accurate which they are not! They are totally different. Also, their warnings to turn right in 200 yards per se are about 50 feet.

This is the same DVD navigation disk upgrade for all Porsches with that generation display. So, this effects a lot more than Cayenne owners.

Your advice is appreciated in advance.

997 044 903 561

Multipack 05/2013 America PCM 2.1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.