6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

996.2 2003 C4S Coupe Turbo Decklid Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:19 PM
crystalbaymark is an unknown quantity at this point
996.2 2003 C4S Coupe Turbo Decklid Installation

I would like to install a turbo decklid on my 996.2 C4S and see that I need to exchange the filler piece between the rear window and the decklid with the turbo body fill piece. The filler piece that needs to be exchanged is where the third brake light is currently mounted, the new thinner (by a inch or so) piece will not have a third light mount as the third light will relocate to the decklid wing area. So my question is how to remove the filler piece!? Different blogs advise to either remove the mounting torx screws (three under the back edge accessible under the decklid and a couple from the interior under the firewall cover and insulation); snap it out - it will suddenly break away with a click or snap; or it is welded in and will require body work by a shop to remove. My vehicle does not have the rear window wiper, so the only penetration in the filler piece is for the third brake light.

Question - has anyone done this before on a 2003 C4S Coupe (i.e., not Cab) that can clarify what action I need to take to remove and install the Turbo filler piece? A web link to a technical solution also would help!