911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Jerry Seinfeld furious after driver inflicts damage on rare Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
Extreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura aboutExtreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura about
Jerry Seinfeld furious after driver inflicts damage on rare Porsche 911

Well before "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee," Jerry Seinfeld was known in automotive circles as a consummate car collector, especially for classic Porsches, and his garages include the first 911 built. And as any car collector knows, the value of owning such vehicles isn't just in looking at them, but driving them as they were meant to be.

Which is all great, right until someone uses your rare Porsche 911 as a slow-motion crash tester.

According to the New York Post, Seinfeld was out in his 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR — a racing model of which only 49 were built — last weekend in the Hamptons when a woman in a white BMW began backing into it:

“We could hear the sound of metal crunching — rare, classic, expensive, vintage metal, by the way — from across the street. A sickening sound to a car person,’’ Seinfeld said.
“And even though I’m sure I deserved this, because of who I am and that I have this amazing car, I was furious. I ran across the street, out of my mind, and yelled at her, ‘You just crashed into my car!’

In Seinfeld's telling, the woman seemed oblivious, and while she offered to trade information he let her go because "the idea of having her in my life for one more second was intolerable." This may be a bit of an over-correction; while even Seinfeld will find vintage Porsche repair parts pricey, it's not like he doesn't have a few other cars to drive.

Serenity now, Jerry. Serenity now.

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...154037560.html

Old 08-20-2014, 05:32 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
I would have done the same. except i would have her insurance pay for every thing. Good for Jerry.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 AM
Max Dias is on a distinguished road
Vintage tracks for Jerry?

It seems Jerry needs a vintage track, too. Only for his 911s. Could he buy an old subway tube and use it, linked to his sub garage? Thatดs an idea to think about, Jerry.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
It may be rare but it's fugly as hell. Maybe I just just don't appreciate it.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:44 AM
MikeRotch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CALGUY
It may be rare but it's fugly as hell. Maybe I just just don't appreciate it.

It is you, it's awesome!