911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Wheel Dynamics Bad Company. Bad customer service. Very bad products

Old 07-08-2016, 12:33 PM
rhart6 is on a distinguished road
Wheel Dynamics Bad Company. Bad customer service. Very bad products

Wheel Dynamics

Bad Company. Bad customer service. Very bad products.

I purchased 4 brand new in the box 808 wheels from Eli at Wheel Dynamics for a Porsche 997 Carrera S. 19 x 8’s and 19 x 11’s. Upon arrival I mounted new Michelin Pilot Sport tires in the correct factory spec size. When we went to put the newly mounted wheels on the car none of the 4 wheels would fit. The hubs were all too small. I called Eli and he said “you have to grind the wheel centers to make them fit”. Really? Despite this being a Bush League fix we tried sanding one of the front wheels. After 20 minutes of fiddling it would still not fit.

The following morning I tried to get Eli on the phone. He was too busy to take my call and did not call back. I called later using a different name and he came to the phone. I told him I want my money back for the poor quality 808 wheels. He said bring the wheels to El Monte (an hour drive away) and he will grind the wheels until they fit. This would involve bringing two cars with two people since the wheels won’t fit inside the Carrera. He also said he would not reimburse me for the removing the new tires if we had to transfer them to different wheels. This is a great example of very poor customer service. He refuses to refund money on a new and defective product. I’ve been doing Porsche cars for 49 years and I’ve never heard of a wheel that you had to auger out in order for it to fit. This is not a fitment problem on a lowered or modified car! This is a stock 997 Porsche with stock suspension at the stock height. Even if the wheel centers were ground out to get them to fit they certainly would not fit correctly since there is no way to make the hole dimensionally accurate without mounting it on a CNC machine. This calls into question safety issues and the professionalism of Eli and Wheel Dynamics. Wheel buyers beware of this outfit.

Last edited by rhart6; 07-08-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Do a search for bad actors bulletin board...too bad you didn't see it before

Old 07-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Thanks Chuck. Good to know about the list

Old 07-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I see that during some forum reorganization performed by IB the thread is not now as readily visible...Ill move it to make it more visible, thanks for bringing it to my attention

Old 07-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I see that during some forum reorganization performed by IB the thread is not now as readily visible...Ill move it to make it more visible, thanks for bringing it to my attention
Thank you Chuck. The community needs to know of people like this.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:20 PM
sjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to all
Bad Wheel Dynamics experience

Bought 4 993 Hollow core turbo twist wheels painted black plus Michelin Super Sports. The front wheels had a leak at the stem, turns out they sold wheels with the wrong stem. I found that out when I ordered the right stems from Porsche dealer and spent 4 hours trying to have the stem installed. The factory stem would not fit because the stem hole was drilled out larger. Eli did the same thing would not return calls or refund my money. I made him replace the front wheels but one of the replacement wheels is still leaking from the stem. Horrible company to deal with especially since I live in Sacramento. I gave up trying to work things out. Beware of this company horrible experience for me as well.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Apparently this guy's "go to" technique is to take a drill and make holes bigger to make the wheel work. He should be selling laundry soap not working on nice cars.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:47 AM
Coloradocurt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
A little help please on how to navigate to it.
Thanks.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Administrator
It is located in a sticky at the top of the Site News and Feedback Section called "WARNING: Don't Get Screwed - Bad Actors Bulletin Board"

Old 10-10-2016, 03:45 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Wheel Dynamics - If that is how these doucXe bags do business I hope all they work on from now on is making license plates in prison.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:48 PM
The sheriff couldn't serve him the subpoena. He has too much practice at avoiding service. It says a lot when a guy has a locked gate between the street and the showroom I finally got him served at his house after hours. I'm expecting that once I get the judgement against him I'll have trouble collecting on it. I'll keep the threads alive until I'm paid so that at least he will lose enough business through all this negative publicity that his stupidity will cost him dearly. Sleaze ***** are bad enough but stupid sleaze ***** are worse. Don't these morons know that prospective customers read stuff like this??

Old 11-20-2016, 11:53 AM
sjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to all
Wheel Dynamics

These guys are site sponsors over at Rennlist, the posts are made by Ramona. When I had my awful experience with this company all my emails were answered by her. I have my doubts if she actually exists, would never take calls, I think it was Ely but don't know for sure. We should let Rennlisters know to be aware of this company based on our actual experiences.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:58 PM
I just got a 100% judgement against the very bad sleazeball last Friday Nov 18th. Now the fun begins. He is well practiced I'm sure in ducking service. I'll post weekly updates on this slime until I am paid. I've been contacted by others via PM whom may be interested in going after the clown. Apparently others have been screwed by him and were also asked to pay cash. Perhaps a group of us going to the BOE may grease the skids a bit. I'm angry to the point where I'm not going to give up until paid. Anyone want to venture a guess at how much money he has already lost because of this bad press? ...and how much more he will lose by the time I extract my money out of him? Stupidity is alive and well in El Monte at Wheel Dynamics.