924 Turbo
Sponsored by:

Please someone say something here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:27 AM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
uhhhh yeahhhh

Old 03-24-2006, 07:41 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
You need a parts car

Old 07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
I've got a 931 transmission that may soon be for sale.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Porsche44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that I can finally post, I can express my dissapointment over this section of the forum.

A 924 Turbo is a great car, even though they are hard to find parts for and on the slow side.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:22 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche44
Now that I can finally post, I can express my dissapointment over this section of the forum.

A 924 Turbo is a great car, even though they are hard to find parts for and on the slow side.
Slow side, a well tuned 931 is a pretty fast car, and the GTS was a rocket. Parts hard to find, I have 5 931 trannys and a parts car, what do you need?

Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 PM
I have a 1982 924 Turbo, but I've sold it to a local guy. He still needs to tow it away though.

The car needs about everything, it was sitting in a field for ~5 years before I stumbled onto it.

I sold it to make room for a beautiful 1980 924 Turbo (interior and exterior are perfect, 55k miles on it) of course there is a BUT to it. The motor was taken apart because the car had spun a rod bearing and the owner apparently abandonded the car. Otherwise the car is perfect, I just need to convince my parents I need another old Porsche and for them to store it.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I haven't driven a 931 yet though, but if its even 2x as fast as a 78' 924 I would still call it slow.

BTW RacerBlvd, your in every forum. How are you able to do that?

Old 07-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche44
I haven't driven a 931 yet though, but if its even 2x as fast as a 78' 924 I would still call it slow.

BTW RacerBlvd, your in every forum. How are you able to do that?
By todays standards, most cars of this era are slow. Well tuned 931s where as fast as early stock 951s. Yes they are much faster than your 78 (my first Porsche was a 78 924) even though they started life as a design meant to be a VW.

I'm only in the forums that include my cars & the off topic stuff. You won't see me much in the 964 forum much anymore since I sold my C4, but since I'll never get rid of my 78 911SC or 914-6 GT clone, I won't be leaving those, and since I have a few 944 track cars & projects, both regular & turbo.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:31 AM
I see.

Hopefully I can sell the 924 and get a 951. But between the filcking oil light, fumes, and rust I'm not sure who'll buy it. The car drives and runs great, and even feels fast on the freeways.

How can you deny the styling of a 924, it's classic.

Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2006, 04:29 PM
bullitt44 will become famous soon enoughbullitt44 will become famous soon enough
Great pics.

Originally Posted by Push
I put one in the public gallery section. Not much room here for pics huh? You can go to www.cardomain.com/id/porsche924 for more pics and info.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:59 PM
nsavastano will become famous soon enoughnsavastano will become famous soon enough
Excuse me for my ignorance but what Porsche is the 951?

Old 10-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nsavastano
Excuse me for my ignorance but what Porsche is the 951?
A951 is a 944 Turbo.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Solreaver is on a distinguished road
a 924 is a 4 cyl, water cooled porsche that is similar to the 944 except that it had less pronunced fender flairs and a smaller motor than the 2.5 litre engine on the 944. The standard 924 motor was actually intended for use in a van and is fairly durable, but not known for speed. It was dubbed the "poor man's porsche" which in itself is a contradiction of terms. The standard 924 motor was lighter than the 944 motor to try and offset the lack of power.

a 924S (my fav) is essentially a 924 body with a 944 motor. the smaller and more stramlined body combined with some slight final gear ratio tweaking makes the 924S just slightly faster than the 944. the 924S was only produced for 3 years, so it is a little uncommon.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Solreaver
a 924S (my fav) is essentially a 924 body with a 944 motor. the smaller and more stramlined body combined with some slight final gear ratio tweaking makes the 924S just slightly faster than the 944. the 924S was only produced for 3 years, so it is a little uncommon.
Not quite correct, the 924S used a lower final drive gear to keep it from being faster (top end) than the 944, but the lower gear does make it more useable on track.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Solreaver is on a distinguished road
924S ratio

Really?, hmmm. I was under the impression that it actually allowed for a higher final speed due to the fact you could get into the power curve in 5th (final) gear and fight the drag better with the more streamlined body.

This is how it was explained to me almost two decades ago by a proud 924S owner. Whether he was BS ing me, I dunno. But it certainly sounded logical.

Of course the speeds were talking about are wayyy beyond what I would take a 20 year old car with 100k on it up to. As the car is now a classic and on it's way to not needing smog anymore. (won't THAT be nice?)

Yea, This make, model, year, and color bit me with the bug. Now, years later I have one. Time passes but, They are still a blast to drive. Although I occasionally say unkind words about the PO, the car is in pretty good shape for 20 years old.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.