1986 Ruf tuned 911 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:53 AM
thefast is on a distinguished road
1986 Ruf tuned 911 turbo

so i have a big problem. i dropped the car off at the local dealer to fix what i thought wasnt a very big deal at all. just little drops off oil from the engine after it would sit.

So i had them re-seal the whole engine. a very pricey job. got the car back. first started it. ran fine. got on the free way and punched it. looked at hte turbo gauge. it at 1.5 bar full boost. and i wasnt going. i mean it was going. but nothing at all like before. didnt push me back into my seat. or anything.

Then i turned right back around and when i was on the city streets. i would start to accelerate and the car felt like it was going to die everytime i gave it gas. the car would jump forward and you would hear a weird pop noise.and then chugg along until enough rpms have been reached.

the dealership said when they drove it into there shop they could barely get the car in. it died several times. which i find dunny since i drove the car there for them to do re-seal the engine. and also machien the parts inside.

But why wasnt i notified about hte car barely running when they first got it? they never said anything. they only thing i heard was "oh man the car is running so good! and sounds amazing" when i was picking it up.

I told them its a boost leak. but they want to get a new fuel filter and see what that does.

I just dont know what to do. they also told me they did nothing that would of caused such a driveability problem which makes me pissed

If i would of known this would of happened. i would of lived with acouple tiny spots on oil on my garage floor. because the car ran amazing. and insainly fast.

Sorry for spelling errors. not in the mood to proof read and correct.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:11 AM
thefast is on a distinguished road
hmm no one has had this problem before? so im guessing they F@#k my engine that cannot just be replaced.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:28 AM
ag997s will become famous soon enough
you are at the wrong forum....go to rennlist.com and the answers will be aplenty.