Just Bought the Only Blue 88 Turbo "S"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 03:00 PM
alex37211 is on a distinguished road
Cool! How much did you get it for?

Old 08-21-2011, 11:42 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the same boat, after I get the seats back from being being recovered, I just had my Club Sports completely restored by Harvey Wiedman, and took a year,

course this set is for the only Ocean Blue Turbo "S" that Porsche built in 1988..

And it looks I will be selling it (a car that I never expected to be on the market, looks like will) unless someone wants to trade me a "Pepper-Wagon "for it.. I really don't need 8 944s at the house....

Originally Posted by Porschesolution
I'll probably be selling my 1/110 Turbo S in a month or two: Need the garage space for my race car tow vehicle.

Love the turbo S, my second one, 4th 944.

Mark

Attached Images   
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Where did you find that color pruduction chart?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:08 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cole
Where did you find that color pruduction chart?

Here..
http://webspace.webring.com/people/iu/um_4478/

Porsche 944 Turbo S
Production Data[HOME]

Contents
  1. Introduction
  2. The "Big Picture"
  3. 944 Production by Type and Year
  4. 1988 944 Turbo Production
  5. Comments on "Limited Edition" Factory Options
  6. Bibliography
Introduction
Under Research.
In contrast to the normally aspirated (NA) 944 types, some of which were produced in Stuttgart, all types of the 944 Turbo were manufactured in Neckarsulm.

The "Big Picture"
Under Research.

944 Production by Type and Year
944 Production
The 944 was first available in Europe in 1982, and elsewhere in 1983, when it achieved immediate success. The 944 Turbo also received an early European release, with 178 vehicles produced in 1985. This was immediately followed by its largest production year in 1986. Volume steadily declined until 1991, when the 944 was replaced by the 968. In total, 176,126 Porsche 944s were produced, of which 25,245 vehicles were 944 Turbos. The successor, the 968, was not able to counter the decreasing sales trend, due in part to a declining market. Production ceased in 1995.

1988 944 Turbo Production
The 944 in 1988
In 1988, there were 17,079 Porsche 944s produced worldwide, of which 4068 were Turbos. Of these 4068 vehicles, 1635 reportedly included the "S" option package (or "SE" in some markets). Additionally, there were 193 Turbo Cup cars produced with the M44/52 engines, though these were intended as dedicated race cars. In all, some 2099 road-going 944 Turbos found their way to North America in 1988. The 1874 that entered the USA joined the 133 million registered cars already on US roads!

Turbo-S Color Breakdown
The available information concerning the colors of the vehicles with the "S" option is somewhat sparse. According to Morgan's book, 718 vehicles with the "S" package entered the US. A separate, unconfirmed source (gary951s@mindspring.com), has provided these color statistics. They total to 715 vehicles, which is very close to Morgan's numbers for the US (718 in above chart).

Chassis Numbers
The following 1988 production numbers are provided by the excellent book "Original Porsche 924/944/968" by Peter Morgan.

Interpreting Chassis Numbers: Anatomy of a VIN (Porsche)

1988 Porsche 944 Turbo Production Data MarketEngineChassis Numbers [Info]Non
Turbo SUSAM44/51WP0AA095_JN150001
thru 1874CanadaM44/51WP0AA0950JN160001
thru 0126Rest of WorldM44/51WP0ZZZ95ZJN100001
thru 1875Turbo SUSAM44/52Mixed throughout above USA numbersRest of WorldM44/52Mixed throughout above RoW numbersTurbo Cup (Canada)M44/52WP0AA0950JN165001
thru 5099 (99 Produced)Turbo Cup (Rest of World)M44/52WP0ZZZ95ZJN104001
thru 4094 (94 Produced)

Comments on "Limited Edition" and Factory Options
Several resources, including Morgan's book and online websites, make various statements about the options that were included as standard on the "S" vehicles and/or the Silver Rose Limited Edition vehicles. The comments that follow are aimed to address the many reported discrepancies from these resources.
What We Probably DO Know
What is clear, is that the 1988 Turbo S first appeared as a Limited Edition run of cars, equipped with the "S" options and all dressed in the LM3Z motiff (Silver Rose paint with Burgandy Plaid interior). These cars were supposedly modeled after the "Turbo Cup" race cars, and the production run was intended to be limited to 1000 vehicles. However, history shows us that this did not happen. A total of 1635 "S" cars were reportedly produced, many of which are in color schemes other than LM3Z.
The Factory Options
Many comments as to what features the "S" cars or the Silver Rose cars (as a separate matter) possess can be found with a little bit of reading. The most consistently reported options are related to the performance of vehicle, particularly the M030 sport suspension package, ABS, and the M44/52 engine. Where accounts differ, is in the so-called creature comforts. Based on data from the registry and related communications with owners, it is becoming more evident that "standard" options varied from market to market. For example, the US Silver Rose cars all seem to have a sunroof, but no heated seats. Similarly, a reported German Silver Rose car has heated seats listed as standard, yet has no sunroof. As registry data continues to be accumulated, these issues will hopefully become more clear.
Limited Edition Status
The "Limited Edition" status of the "S" vehicles has become somewhat diluted from the original intentions. Not only were more than 1000 produced in 1988 (1635 worldwide), but furthermore, the 1989 944 Turbo retained all of the "S" features (except LM3Z dress), and simply dropped the "S" from the designation.
On the other hand, the Silver Rose cars ended up being more scarce than originally planned. If the reported US numbers can be extrapolated worldwide, then only about 775 Silver Roses were made worldwide in comparison with the planned 1000. Unfortunately, reliable statistics on the worldwide color production have not yet been acquired.

Bibliography
  • US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration (website)
  • 944 Turbo S Technical Service Information, WKD 495 021
  • Original Porsche 924/944/968, Peter Morgan
  • The Complete WWW Porsche Home

Old 11-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Chris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to behold
You're selling it? Pm me a price please.....

Old 11-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Chris S
You're selling it? Pm me a price please.....
Will do..

My Club Sports are FINALLY home after a complete restoration and new tires

They will look much better than the "Drivers" I have been using on the Turbo "S"..

Even have the correct size tires

Now just need to install them & the seats

Old 11-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
wow, that amazing you picked this up, with the sticker, these are classic's, I'm looking for a 928s4 or gts.....by the way how much did it run ya....
sweet ride by the way...
My B&B track car partner is thinking about selling his, contact him..

Contact Bill, (229)392-4236 williammclendon@att.net;

Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 PM
jlucas is on a distinguished road
Racerbvd, officially for sale?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by jlucas
Racerbvd, officially for sale?
Yes Sir, I need something I can drive & enjoy, and "One of One" just doesn't fit that. Plus, I have too many track cars

Do you have a "Pepper Wagon" to trade??

Old 01-27-2012, 05:19 AM
jlucas is on a distinguished road
not interested at the asking price

Last edited by jlucas; 01-30-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
are you selling the wheels on it?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 AM
spoolin51 is on a distinguished road
sweet rare color !

Old 07-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by spoolin51
sweet rare color !
Thanks.

are you selling the wheels on it?
The twist wheels are currently on out B&B 968

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	952a1373482948.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	259131  
Attached Images            
Old 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Great looking car. Love that color

Old 12-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Did you ever sell this car? Any updates?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Bought the Only Blue 88 Turbo "S"