"Bad Boys" Turbo 3.6 - Under New Ownership...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 AM
cobalt94T is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MCars
I have a client who has a Blk/Blk w/custom red inserts 94 3.6T....car is STUNNING....he bought it from Sloan Cars in CT. he drives in from Memorial Day to Labor he said........
the 94 3.6 T is on my list of cars to own...and keep!!!....too bad they are getting harder and harder to find...I would "settle" for a clean 92 964 T

I know the car your talking about. Very nice clean car. I agree it will take a lot for me to part with mine. The 92's are nice also not so many clean 91-92's out there anymore.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:59 PM
MCars is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DWS901
M Cars: Send me a PM.
PM sent

Old 05-20-2010, 12:08 AM
917-30 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cobalt94T
I know the car your talking about. Very nice clean car. I agree it will take a lot for me to part with mine. The 92's are nice also not so many clean 91-92's out there anymore.

Ah, "Cobalt" I hate to burt your bubble, but the reason no one has seen me driving the Bad Boys Turbo around is a) because I drive it so fast, where I go people dont have enough time to say "what the hell was THAT!" and b)because I usually drive it at 1 a.m. to 2 a.m on the most dark deserted country roads I can find and there are PLENTY, where you can drive as fast as you want...been over 150 many, many times!

Hate cleaning all those bugs off the front and the bake dust sucks!

I have put about 1500 miles on the Bad Boys car it since I got it from Mike. Hell I feel so in LOVE with it I bought ANOTHER white/tan 964 Turbo 3.6. Now THAT one I drive the CRAP of, but I love it just the same....

Neither car has EVER given me a single problem.

Regards the owner
917-30

Old 05-20-2010, 06:45 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 917-30
Ah, "Cobalt" I hate to burt your bubble, but the reason no one has seen me driving the Bad Boys Turbo around is a) because I drive it so fast, where I go people dont have enough time to say "what the hell was THAT!" and b)because I usually drive it at 1 a.m. to 2 a.m on the most dark deserted country roads I can find and there are PLENTY, where you can drive as fast as you want...been over 150 many, many times!

I have put about 1500 miles on the Bad Boys car it since I got it from Mike. Hell I feel so in LOVE with it I bought ANOTHER white/tan 964 Turbo 3.6. Now THAT one I drive the CRAP of, but I love it just the same....

Regards the owner
917-30
Hey 917-30

You mean most people don't have enought time to say "what was that." I can say I am one of the few who can keep up... with your streel legal cars anyway!

And guys---this guy IS THE OWNER OF THE BAD BOYS CAR. And his signature......yeah...he has one of those too.....

Old 05-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by 917-30

Regards the owner
917-30
Well I am happy your enjoying it. Especially considering the collection of cars you have that says a lot about the 94 turbo 3.6.

My comment was based on the fact that Mike took it out into public during the day, we would get together for fun rides where we would drive fast together. When the scout you had look for the car originally posted he said the car would be seen in public shows and events I fear that might not happen unless you bring it out to display.

It is iconic and so many enthusiasts fell in love with these cars because of the movie and the BB car.

I hope we will hear about more sightings in the future and not just on late night back road drives. Although it is yours now to do what you please with it. I missed when Mike owned it, he loved that car and it took a lot of phone calls for us to convince him it made more sense to sell than keep.

Enjoy it and drive safely.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:02 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Cobalt-

I can speak for him here...if past experience holds true, you will see that car at PLENTY of events in the future. They are constantly loading fleets of cars into haulers and taking them to shows from CA to FL to NY. I'm sure this one will make the rounds as well!

One of the great things about this guy is he loves to share these things with people; loves to talk about them with people, etc. He is one of those rare hands on owners who actually likes to "share" his collection with the public.

Hey 917-30....we need to have some "fun" out on Rink Dam Road one night....call me!!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by $manager
Cobalt-

I can speak for him here...if past experience holds true, you will see that car at PLENTY of events in the future. They are constantly loading fleets of cars into haulers and taking them to shows from CA to FL to NY. I'm sure this one will make the rounds as well!

One of the great things about this guy is he loves to share these things with people; loves to talk about them with people, etc. He is one of those rare hands on owners who actually likes to "share" his collection with the public.

Hey 917-30....we need to have some "fun" out on Rink Dam Road one night....call me!!!!
I guess only time will tell. Although will the BB car rank up there with a 917-30 or RSR?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Cobalt-

Ha ha ha...Rink Dam Road huh? Well, been though it plenty of times over 100 mph. I think I may have upset some people that live on that road, because I am starting to see more and more state troopers on that road now than EVER before. And for some reason, the troopers look at me REALLY, REALLY hard as I idle by at 45mph. It might be better if we find some NEW dark deserted country roads! How's the new clutch working out for you???

Old 05-20-2010, 11:48 AM
That's where my son, when he was all of about 9, coined the term "The Wigglies." Every Saturday morning early, when he and I got up earlier than Tracey and Susan, he would get that sly grin on his sleepy face and say "Daddy...let's go for a ride....through the wigglies!!!"

I know what you mean abut the cops. Whatever you do, don't let 'er eat on Falling Creek Road either. I live off that one and I swear I think they do their shift changes around that big curve off the north entrance!. Luckily, my Valentine One usually warns me so I just keep it in second gear and about 5k rpms, so it is good and loud and wound up tighter than Dick's hatband.....and just wave to them as I drive by!!!!

Clutch is absolutely GOLDEN! I told Bobby to make sure he busted your chops..that that fancy clutch out of the 993 gt2 evo wasn't sytrong enough to hold my "banker's car" motor!!!!

Have a good one....I have a full tank of race gas and am itching to find a motorcycyle who wants to play!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:14 PM
That's where my son, when he was all of about 9, coined the term "The Wigglies." Every Saturday morning early, when he and I got up earlier than Tracey and Susan, he would get that sly grin on his sleepy face and say "Daddy...let's go for a ride....through the wigglies!!!"

I know what you mean abut the cops. Whatever you do, don't let 'er eat on Falling Creek Road either. I live off that one and I swear I think they do their shift changes around that big curve off the north entrance!. Luckily, my Valentine One usually warns me so I just keep it in second gear and about 5k rpms, so it is good and loud and wound up tighter than Dick's hatband.....and just wave to them as I drive by!!!!

Clutch is absolutely GOLDEN! I told Bobby to make sure he busted your chops..that that fancy clutch out of the 993 gt2 evo wasn't sytrong enough to hold my "banker's car" motor!!!!

Have a good one....I have a full tank of race gas and am itching to find a motorcycyle who wants to play!
Yeah, I know what you mean about Falling Creak road and the exact curve you are taking about. I got busted their about 10 years ago in a Lotus Esprit Turbo X180R. 72mph in a 45mph zone. That was an expensive ticket to get of, but I did. Regarding the 993 GT2 Evo clutch, it was used only in one race at the 12 hours of Sebring in 1997, so it had some wear on it, but at least it got you through until you got your new one. Hey, I sold it to you cheap also remember!

Old 05-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by cobalt94T
I guess only time will tell. Although will the BB car rank up there with a 917-30 or RSR?
In my mind every Porsche I own has its own unique personalities. Deciding on which to drive depends on the mission I am out to accomplish. Nothing feels like 1460 bhp pushing you in the backside in the 917/30. But, on the other hand I can't exactally take my wife to a black tie dinner in the 917/30. The Bad Boys Turbo 3.6 would be perfect for that, or even taking it out to some local car shows around the area.

We keep it at the shop www.heritagemotorwerks.net so ALL of our customers can see it and I let them sit in it, usually they get their picture taken when they are sitting in it, and they all seem to enjoy it a lot. I don't have a "favorite" Porsche in my collection, I own 24 of them, but the perfect Porsche is, in my mind, one that doesnt exist, but I would love it if they would make one just for me.

These would be the follwing specifications. It would have the power of my 917/30, the variable four wheel drive system from my 959 "S", the handeling of my IMSA 962, the eight piston carbon/carbon brakes from my GT1, and the style of my Bad Boys Turbo 3.6. Basically externally it would look just like the Bad Boys Turbo, but with all the trick Porsche Motorsport pieces from some of my other cars hidden underneath.

Yeah, I know I am dreaming here, because I know that's not going to ever happen, but what a car it would be!

Last edited by 917-30; 05-21-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by M3This
Dose it still have the gun racks in it?

Check out the third picture under the "preview gallery" of the Bad Boys Turbo 3.6 at www.heritagemotorwerks.net to find out!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Go to the "what's in our garage" section, then click on the Bad Boys Turbo picture. Then click on picture number 3 of the Bad Boys photo profile. NOW it looks like the Bad Boys Turbo!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Always thought the Bad Boys Porsche was a 993....learn something new everyday.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:32 AM
Miles965UK is on a distinguished road
My 3.6 will be up for sale soon

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: "Bad Boys" Turbo 3.6 - Under New Ownership...