18" Wheel Questions

Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 AM
avddrift is on a distinguished road
18" Wheel Questions

Hi There. I'm new (today) as a member of this forum, writing this from Brisbane, Australia (where its been flooding).

Apologies in advance if the same questions have been asked before, but have a burning desire to upgrade my 1989 day/track car to 18" rims. A previous owner has already put 17" cup wheels on, and I have a set of 17" turbo twist track wheels. I also have a 1993 3.6 Turbo with Speedline for Porsche 18" wheels, which I think are still one of the best looking wheels around. I would like to put a set of speedlines on the C2, but as they are as scarce as hens teeth, and too wide for a C2, what are the Veloce 3.6 wheels like? Are they the same quality standard as the original speedline?

For the track, I want to put on the lightest quality wheel available. I know the Dymag will probably win this argument, but I don't even know if they are still in business, and the cost is prohibitive (as nice as they are), so I am leaning towards the O.Z. Alleggerita HLT, or Rays Volk's. I can't find an importer for the Volk's in Australia. Can anyone offer thoughts on the the O.Z. Alleggerita HLT? and what size and offset works on an 89 C2. I was thinking 8x18 & 10x18, but don't know the offsets. Just want to prepare myself before the 16 year old doof doof kid at the wheel shop recommends something that won't work.

Lastly is there any concern putting 18" rims on a 89 C2? please see the following link to a Porsche North American statement I dug out. Can there be a risk as shown, or is an upgrade needed to prep the car for 18's.

http://www.pcarworkshop.com/images/d...0593geolab.pdf

Sorry for the lengthy post. Thanks in advance, and if there is no response from me, i'm probably sleeping.
Kind Regards,
AvdDrift

Old 08-17-2011, 06:44 AM
drknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud of
you don,t have to buy new rims , you can put the speedlines on your 964 with 22mm adapters on the back wheels and they will fitt perfectly

then only the next isuue is the stance with 18 inch , it will rise with 18 inch

this is my slamned 964 with original 18 inch speedliners:

click pic to watch in full size

you don,t have to be affraid putting on 18 inch on a 964 , over here in europe they raced in the early ,90,s only with 18 inch in the porsche cup challenge !
even now there are here alotta of people even driving the 964 with 19 inch rims

good luck

greetzz m

Old 09-03-2011, 08:44 AM
earlyapex is on a distinguished road
I highly recommend Jongbloed wheels. There are custom made, light, and very strong. I've had 3 sets of 18 inch wheels for my 911. Ryan is very experienced making wheels for all Porsche models.

http://jongbloedracing.com/index.htm

Attached Images    
Old 09-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by drknauf
you don,t have to buy new rims , you can put the speedlines on your 964 with 22mm adapters on the back wheels and they will fitt perfectly

then only the next isuue is the stance with 18 inch , it will rise with 18 inch

this is my slamned 964 with original 18 inch speedliners:

click pic to watch in full size

you don,t have to be affraid putting on 18 inch on a 964 , over here in europe they raced in the early ,90,s only with 18 inch in the porsche cup challenge !
even now there are here alotta of people even driving the 964 with 19 inch rims

good luck

greetzz m

Beautiful. But you should not rise with 18" rims as the aspect ratio of the tire gets smaller to compensate. You should have close to the same diameter as you would from 17" or 16" - 25".

Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 AM
drknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud ofdrknauf has much to be proud of
you have to lower otherwise it looks like chips

the rubber can get lower/flatter but than the space between the fender and rubber gets bigger and that looks like crap

that,s why you have to lower !