How much different can it be?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
96redLT4 will become famous soon enough96redLT4 will become famous soon enough
How much different can it be?

I mean come on.....is this really that much different than the current TT-S? Huge hp, PDK, same brakes same centerlocks. I guess if you have to have the newest thing and you have $ to burn... You do get that edgy front retractable spoiler that says Turbo s....
J

Old 05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I'd save a ton and buy a leftover tts.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:28 PM
mhh
mhh will become famous soon enoughmhh will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I mean come on.....is this really that much different than the current TT-S? Huge hp, PDK, same brakes same centerlocks. I guess if you have to have the newest thing and you have $ to burn... You do get that edgy front retractable spoiler that says Turbo s....
J
The 991 feels very different to the 997 in lesser models - expect it to feel very different here too. Ride, handling, noise will be much better.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:25 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 96redLT4
J
The 991 in general is more comfortable . Some might even call it too comfortable , or too big, or too expensive .. or whatever it takes to refrain from buying one .

Old 05-08-2013, 05:18 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The 991 in general is more comfortable . Some might even call it too comfortable , or too big, or too expensive .. or whatever it takes to refrain from buying one .
This can and does happen. The higher the cost to change the more it tends to happen from what i see. This is where Porsche has a problem with any replacement model.

Until the car is driven it's a hard call to speculate just how much better it is and whether it's worth the $ to change up particularly when an owner already has that model. However, for all of that, based upon Porsches history it goes without saying the new car is going to be faster, easier and more competent at the limit than the outgoing car. So as a machine it has to be (and will be in a performance sense) better. Performance is results based. Now whether some feel that all spoils the current fun or allows the excuse to "not buy" sufficiently plausible or convincing to oneself or the guy that buys this car can only be answered by each individual....or a lie detector lol.

It would be easier if money was removed from the equation heh? I wonder how much that would effect ones purchasing decisions to trade into the latest.

I will concede though that to the average person who does not own a porsche turbo, they will look at both iterations and ask the Porsche owner "what are the differences"? Looks the same to me..

Last edited by speed21; 05-08-2013 at 05:26 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.