Do porsche owners actually DD their cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM
kepeco will become famous soon enough
I have had 3 air cooled 911's over the yrs all stock and now my 1st water cooled turbo im starting to tune and mod, all daily drivers, shoving the kids in the back complaining and sticking stuff out the windows and sunroof on Home Depot runs! lol there just to much fun not to drive

Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM
SpyderVancouver is on a distinguished road
That is one of the reasons to buy a Porsche over Ferrari, etc.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM
GatorMD97 will become famous soon enoughGatorMD97 will become famous soon enough
I DD my 2011 911 Turbo S. It is the reason I bought the car, best daily driver sports car there is in my opinion.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:16 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Yep, and the most reliable cars I have ever driven as a DD. I have a Ferrari that I never drive to my office or would consider as a DD for multiple reasons, but a Porsche fits the bill perfectly. Drive it and enjoy!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedsterr
I want to know if those with the high end porsche cars above a 911 carerra so like a turbo or turbo s if those owners drive their cars every day.
I drove every one of my 911 cars daily (including my 993 Turbo) until I bought and modified my 07 Turbo . Had I left my 07 car stock it also would have been a DD .

Old 09-16-2013, 04:43 AM
disden will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kepeco
I have had 3 air cooled 911's over the yrs all stock and now my 1st water cooled turbo im starting to tune and mod, all daily drivers, shoving the kids in the back complaining and sticking stuff out the windows and sunroof on Home Depot runs! lol there just to much fun not to drive
I love it! That's how these are supposed to be used; enjoy everyday. While I would love to have a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Aston I don't think the everyday practicality would be there. Plus as a taller person I can't fit in those cars; I applaud porsche on the 991, at 6'3 with PDK it's still comfortable. Can't wait to get the new Turbo

Old 09-16-2013, 08:30 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I either drive my Cayenne Turbo or my 997 Turbo daily. When I first got the 997TT three years ago I drove it almost every day throughout the year (which is often rain here in Seattle). Now, however, I find myself leaving it in the garage when it's raining because I tire of having to keep two cars clean. I guess I'm getting old.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 AM
kepeco will become famous soon enough
They must look sweet in the garage,! Very cool!

Old 09-16-2013, 04:54 PM
dan993 is on a distinguished road
Porsche EVERY day!

Drive a Porsche every day - Panamera 4S or 997.2 TTS. The TTS is coming off lease in 6 weeks, so I am driving it every day. Hope there is a bit of rubber left when I turn it in! Panamera is leaving too, when the 991TTS arrives in December.

I am planning to drive the new TTS every day...

Old 09-16-2013, 07:22 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by disden
I love it! That's how these are supposed to be used; enjoy everyday. While I would love to have a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Aston I don't think the everyday practicality would be there. Plus as a taller person I can't fit in those cars; I applaud porsche on the 991, at 6'3 with PDK it's still comfortable. Can't wait to get the new Turbo
I wouldn't throw aston in there. They are very practical. And some porsches are more expensive.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
For the performance NOTHING comes close to quality and being able to have the reliability of a 1984 Toyota Hilux Pickup Truck.

No need to get constant tuneups every other month like Ferrari, Lamborghini you name it!

Porsche Builds the cars like they are to be driven every single day without hassle.

And if you check the JD Power & Associates ratings you will usually find Porsche at the top of every category for the type of car they are. Though recently the newer Cayenne did have some issue, we will blame the farming out of the manufacturing of those models to Audi's Factory and workers.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by disden
When I went to the Bakersfield Dealership the other day I gave it a go and sat in the new Cayman. At 6'5" I could not sit in the drivers seat of the OLDER Boxster and Cayman. But I figured since its the new model I'd give the new Cayman a Go. I was way more than surprised but I actually fit in the new Cayman. I about crapped my pants. So surprised they listened to us tall buttholes finally. Doubt I would ever buy one. Still want that Audi TT RS - anyone got a number of a broker in Europe who can get me a PDK equiped model?
ove

Tim G

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 09-17-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:25 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
I drive mine (997tt) everyday all-year, in Sweden, with Nokian winter tyres, even park on the street all year.

As a wintercar the 911 turbo beats all my previous BMWs as a DD.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I would but it would look really funny with a ladder on it! Unfortunately, I only drive mine on sunny weekends.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Every Porsche I've owned has been a daily driver. They are as reliable as any car out there. Bomb-proof I always say.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do porsche owners actually DD their cars?