Discounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
So what was Brian's discount?

Old 01-18-2014, 06:39 PM
ibtm is on a distinguished road
Discount

7% discount---pretty good deal. May have e able to get a point or two better at another dealer---but it was a lot further away. I am a happy camper!

Old 01-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
In Silicon Valley it's MSRP or the highway. All cars are ordered and spoken for. I located a dealer in Lancaster PA a few weeks ago that was selling a lot of car to CA just because the weather has been so terrible. He had a a !95K MSRP Turbo S he was willing to sell me for 190K but the ground transportation in an enclosed trailer to the Bay Area was ~ $2300. Plus I didn't feel comfortable spending $200K + for a car I didn't do a full walk around inspection before i gave over a check.

Of course as soon as i made that decision my dealer calls me up and said that my April delivery got pushed to May due some part availability problem on the 2014 Turbo S. To say the least i was very bummed. So I am know looking around for cars that are reasonably close so i can fly out and inspect the car and either drive it home or at least see it put on the truck.The casualties of ordering a popular car. part shortages!!!

Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 PM
0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light
I bought a 14' turbo s with 171miles that was put into service 12/2013 for $5700.00 back of sticker

Old 01-28-2014, 08:25 PM
carcommander will become famous soon enough
I would not buy a 170 to 200k that was not exactly what I wanted for 5k off. Just order what you want. You can be judicious with the options and get 5k off.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:53 PM
0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light0-60freak is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by carcommander
I would not buy a 170 to 200k that was not exactly what I wanted for 5k off. Just order what you want. You can be judicious with the options and get 5k off.
Come on mr car commander ....I wouldnt spend this kinda money if I didnt like the options....plus I didnt want to wait 4 months.....

Old 01-28-2014, 09:37 PM
fastmd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ibtm
7% discount---pretty good deal. May have e able to get a point or two better at another dealer---but it was a lot further away. I am a happy camper!
Nice deal!

Old 01-29-2014, 04:29 AM
ibtm is on a distinguished road
Fast MD

It really was a great deal and as important---he is a great guy to deal with. It was a fun experience for me (a retired investment banker--fun to deal). Plus the other sales people working for Brian all seem to be totally customer focused---really there ready to help get you in a car and keep you happy.

I also hear that Porsche is working on installing cameras that can be accessed by customers as there cars are being made on the assembly line with a special internet access!! Great idea. After all---this is all about fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2014, 05:11 AM
wd40 has a spectacular aura aboutwd40 has a spectacular aura aboutwd40 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CALGUY
In Silicon Valley it's MSRP or the highway. All cars are ordered and spoken for. I located a dealer in Lancaster PA a few weeks ago that was selling a lot of car to CA just because the weather has been so terrible. He had a a !95K MSRP Turbo S he was willing to sell me for 190K but the ground transportation in an enclosed trailer to the Bay Area was ~ $2300. Plus I didn't feel comfortable spending $200K + for a car I didn't do a full walk around inspection before i gave over a check.

Of course as soon as i made that decision my dealer calls me up and said that my April delivery got pushed to May due some part availability problem on the 2014 Turbo S. To say the least i was very bummed. So I am know looking around for cars that are reasonably close so i can fly out and inspect the car and either drive it home or at least see it put on the truck.The casualties of ordering a popular car. part shortages!!!
Check with Todd Tillman at Top Rank Transport 888-252-4061. He and his wife are top notch folks. I've used him a few time since I can't seem to negotiate a good deal locally. Seems transport from the east coast to the west coast is much higher in the winter months. BTW, I have no relationship with Top Rank and don't get any kind of a kickback. I've had miserable experiences with other transportters but he has always done a great job for me. Regarding pricing, our local Porsche dealer seems to be the highest around. They are always north of MSRP. Good luck.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:22 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ibtm
It really was a great deal and as important---he is a great guy to deal with. It was a fun experience for me (a retired investment banker--fun to deal). Plus the other sales people working for Brian all seem to be totally customer focused---really there ready to help get you in a car and keep you happy.

I also hear that Porsche is working on installing cameras that can be accessed by customers as there cars are being made on the assembly line with a special internet access!! Great idea. After all---this is all about fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep us updated on that will ya! If you see a black tts thats mine. lol

Old 01-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 tts.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	326660

My new toy

Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 0-60freak
She's a beaut!

I like your driveway too! I don't recognize the stone though, do you know the name by chance

Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by zedosix
She's a beaut!

I like your driveway too! I don't recognize the stone though, do you know the name by chance
its stamped concrete antiqued walnut color, slate pattern

Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 AM
carcommander will become famous soon enough
Come on mr car commander ....I wouldnt spend this kinda money if I didnt like the options....plus I didnt want to wait 4 months.....
I ordered mine back in May. There weren't any then. Delayed gratification is tough. But, I got it exactly as I wanted it and didn't pay for any options I didn't want.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:03 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
+1!!

Sweet!
Any initial comparos against your 997.2 TTS?

Last edited by 1Gunner; 01-29-2014 at 04:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Discounts