Thank You GMG, Glistening Perfection & TAG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 12:56 PM
MLA
MLA is on a distinguished road
Thank You GMG, Glistening Perfection & TAG

Thank you GMG Motorsports, Glistening Perfection, and TAG Motorsports for providing guidance and great service. Everything works perfectly and she runs beautifully.

GMG (Allen):

- Lowering springs and proper alignment
- Headers and exhaust
- GIAC tune

Glistening Perfection (Moe)

- XPEL Ultimate clear bra- entire vehicle
- Phase Three Detoxification
- C.Quartz nanotech titanium coating
- MAcarbon steering wheel (on order)

TAG (Alex):

- TechArt rear wing
- HRE 21" P101's wrapped in Pirelli P Zeros
- Perfect fitment on all

Now, off to a drive down the coast to lunch...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	381363  
Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Nice! Comments on the tune please!

Old 06-01-2014, 01:11 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
nice setup, but why the nano-coating on a car with full clear bra? overkill no?

Old 06-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by aa909
nice setup, but why the nano-coating on a car with full clear bra? overkill no?
My question would be why xpel the whole car? That seems like overkill.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:39 PM
TFSweet will become famous soon enoughTFSweet will become famous soon enough
AWESOME! Congrats and I hope you enjoy your car even more now! I was wondering if you are managing with the decreased ground clearance now?

Old 06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fixinbones
My question would be why xpel the whole car? That seems like overkill.
yes better question LOL!!

Old 06-02-2014, 07:28 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Nice Cab! Interested on hearing your impressions on the tune/exhaust setup!

Old 06-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the opportunity to do this project. Projects like this allow us to push the limits because the client demands nothing short of perfection. We pushed the envelope a little too far on wrapping the rear wing, the edges began to lift since it was a one-piece custom install, but that's how we learn. We've figured out where to improve, and our second attempt will be spot on.

As for nano coating and full xpel wrap, the motivation and end-result is protecting this amazing beast. When in 10 years, someone decides to remove the film, it has been basically frozen in time. Imagine getting a 10 year-old 991 Turbo S Cab with paint better than a new car, no rock chips, and no discoloration due to UV rays. We perform a proper paint correction prior to wrapping. This fixes any issues from the factory and anything anyone else may have done to take away from the amazing paint on this GT Silver Turbo S.

The nano coating is there to help further protect the film and also make maintenance easy for the client. Due to hydrophobic abilities of the nano coating, the exterior remains cleaner, resists etchings from bird droppings/bugs, and has an added element of scratch resistance.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:16 PM
MLA
Originally Posted by aa909
yes better question LOL!!
I really enjoy maintaining my cars in the best possible condition- while driving them. No garage queens here!

My first plan was to simply clear bra the front end and then noticed a road nick in our Boxter's rear fender. So, I said, what the h*ll, just do the whole car! I figured it gives me the best chance for protection.

The nano coat on top really helps the dirt and grime not attach to the car. A simple touch up/wipe down with some Griots and voila, very few car washes

It's OK, you can say it, I'm a little eccentric in my old age...

Old 06-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor
GMGRacing will become famous soon enoughGMGRacing will become famous soon enough
MLA,

Good to hear that you are happy with your car!

- Jerry

Old 06-03-2014, 01:31 PM
MLA
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Nice Cab! Interested on hearing your impressions on the tune/exhaust setup!
The stock exhaust was really disappointing. Sound, craftsmanship, performance, etc. On such a finely engineered car, what is Porsche thinking? I realize they have emission and sound regs, but there is definitely room for improvement within those parameters.

The full exhaust with headers is phenomenal. Excellent quality and performance. Surprisingly not too loud either. Sounds great but doesn't scream unless you're over 6k rpm. I understand GMG and others are working on straight pipes for those who want an never more aggressive sound.

While the full exhaust had the great quality, I learned (and noticed) that the ECU was adapting itself to the new condition and thus the + hp results were diminishing! Adding the tune from GIAC and boom- what an amazing combination! I love the results. It pulls like crazy throughout the entire powerband. And here in CA, we are all working with lowly 91 oct. If I didnt drive it so much, I would utilize the race map and race fuel (which they have down the st. from my house ).

Everybody enjoy your TT & TTS!

Old 06-03-2014, 02:11 PM
MLA
Originally Posted by TFSweet
AWESOME! Congrats and I hope you enjoy your car even more now! I was wondering if you are managing with the decreased ground clearance now?
Thanks! I've had zero issues even with speed bumps around my neighborhood. Of course, I'm slow and cautious on driveways and at intersections. So far, no scraping/dragging whatsoever.