Automatic Wing Movement - 3rd ride height for rear spoiler

Old 09-22-2014, 11:13 AM
skilly2000 will become famous soon enough
Automatic Wing Movement - 3rd ride height for rear spoiler

Hi Folks - question about the TT positions. The rear wing appears to have 3 settings; one of which doesn't seem to be driver select-able.

The first is of course down and rises when you hit certain speeds (and depending on mode). once up it appears to be approximately parallel to the base of the rear window in a coupe. This being the second setting.

I have noticed randomly (I cant seem to figure out what is triggering it) it will raise an additional inch or so during higher speed driving where I can clearly see it in the rear view mirror. Once it reaches this setting it will stay in this higher than normal format until the speed drops to 50mph. It then moves back to the up setting you can select with the spoiler button or Super Sport mode.

It doesn't appear to be based on speed or really spirited driving - I was tracking yesterday and it didn't raise to this 3rd position once.

Anybody know what this is?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:45 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
When I am driving fast, I am not looking out the rearview. I did notice yesterday that when I turned the car off in sport plus mode and I had been doing some fast driving, the spoiler stayed up.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Old 09-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
I believe what I am seeing is different. The second ride height that I refer to is the same as Sport Plus or manually extending the spoiler with the button open (which fully retracts them both).

The ride height in 3rd mode is higher than the aforementioned setting and it retracts back to Sport Plus height once I drop below 50mph.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skilly2000
I believe what I am seeing is different. The second ride height that I refer to is the same as Sport Plus or manually extending the spoiler with the button open (which fully retracts them both).

The ride height in 3rd mode is higher than the aforementioned setting and it retracts back to Sport Plus height once I drop below 50mph.
Well according to Porsche, those are the only settings you should see. What you might be seeing is the additional 15 degree tilt...

Old 09-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skilly2000
Hi Folks - question about the TT positions. The rear wing appears to have 3 settings; one of which doesn't seem to be driver select-able.

The first is of course down and rises when you hit certain speeds (and depending on mode). once up it appears to be approximately parallel to the base of the rear window in a coupe. This being the second setting.

I have noticed randomly (I cant seem to figure out what is triggering it) it will raise an additional inch or so during higher speed driving where I can clearly see it in the rear view mirror. Once it reaches this setting it will stay in this higher than normal format until the speed drops to 50mph. It then moves back to the up setting you can select with the spoiler button or Super Sport mode.

It doesn't appear to be based on speed or really spirited driving - I was tracking yesterday and it didn't raise to this 3rd position once.

Anybody know what this is?

IIRC the third and highest setting (not manually available) occurs when the 2nd setting is active and you are moving a certain speed with the sun roof open. The aerodynamics causes the third setting- was this what you were looking for??

Old 09-22-2014, 04:51 PM
OK - that makes sense!! Ill check with the Sunroof open but that certainly sounds correct...funny it doesnt show in any of their literature - thank you!!!

Originally Posted by Vic55
IIRC the third and highest setting (not manually available) occurs when the 2nd setting is active and you are moving a certain speed with the sun roof open. The aerodynamics causes the third setting- was this what you were looking for??

Old 09-22-2014, 05:34 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Yep, it's the sunroof position causing it, the spoiler does indeed have a 3rd highest position.

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo...eployment.html

Old 12-03-2015, 04:38 AM
TTSEssex is on a distinguished road
so what happens to the 3rd setting if you didn't spec to have a sun roof?? does it not have this additional tilt with no sunroof?

Old 12-03-2015, 05:16 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Sunroof open, over 75, spoiler goes way up and is seen almost in the middle of the window. It's not a manually adjustable setting either...

Old 12-03-2015, 06:19 AM
TTSEssex is on a distinguished road
appreciate that, as this is what mine does with sunroof open, but if you don't have a sunroof do you not get the highest spoiler level?

also mine does not move at all with increased speed. its purely activated by sport+ or manually pushing the button... that sound right?

Old 12-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTSEssex
appreciate that, as this is what mine does with sunroof open, but if you don't have a sunroof do you not get the highest spoiler level?

also mine does not move at all with increased speed. its purely activated by sport+ or manually pushing the button... that sound right?

You get two levels of deployment without a sunroof- 3 with. I cant speak to your non movement at speed.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Tom, my question is how do I keep spoilers in stage 2? While in sport mode. I want to use this setting to break 200 mph run in my next Mile event? Can you help

Old 12-04-2015, 12:55 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
even with upgraded turbos I don't think the 991 will do 200mph in the mile.

with Stage 3 I only just scraped above 190 and that was with a 20mph tail wind.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shifter_
even with upgraded turbos I don't think the 991 will do 200mph in the mile.

with Stage 3 I only just scraped above 190 and that was with a 20mph tail wind.
I said Mile but I really meant 1 1/2 mile.
It's at Mojave so it's 2,600ft elevation and hot. Last year with stage 2 pump gas I went 180 at the mile and 192.8

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Automatic Wing Movement - 3rd ride height for rear spoiler