Who parks their car outside?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:52 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Who parks their car outside?

I only have a two car garage and the RR stays in the driveway while the Porsches are in the garage. I have enough room to add another car and park the 991tts outside but I am loathe to do that even though I would like to get a Ferrari California without getting rid of the 991tts. How many here park their car outside? I see a lot of people parking cars outside but not really high end cars like this one.

ETA: Actually my neighbor parks his Cayenne outside on the street under a tree and it's a 2014 Hybrid S. There is another neighbor that parks an RS5 and an older Cayenne out on the street under a tree. Seems dumb to me because I know trees can damage paint.

Last edited by wrs; 05-26-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:58 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
I have the 3 P cars inside the garage. The Hondas and Toyotas are outside.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:59 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cab83_750
I have the 3 P cars inside the garage. The Hondas and Toyotas are outside.
Yeah, I can see that. I need a three car garage.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Banned
BlocktGrills is infamous around these partsBlocktGrills is infamous around these parts
Haha...1st world problem..

Old 05-26-2015, 10:33 PM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
I spread my cars around different places but my new house is getting a car lift to maximise space utilisation.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:44 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wrs
Yeah, I can see that. I need a three car garage.
Don't bother bcoz once you have a 3-car garage, you would want a 5 car garage.

My kids just graduated and I am now able to downsize. I want a 3-bdrm house, without a pool and a BARN (preferably in addition to a 2 or 3 car garage). Hehehe

In addition to being a grease monkey, i do welding, woodworking, etc.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:44 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by BlocktGrills
Haha...1st world problem..
So true. Good point. I should just be happy with what I have and I am but somehow, that California seems so attractive. I only have one wife and I have stayed with her for 35 years but cars, they are made for changing and having more than one, if you are able.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:12 AM
Banned
BlocktGrills is infamous around these partsBlocktGrills is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wrs
So true. Good point. I should just be happy with what I have and I am but somehow, that California seems so attractive. I only have one wife and I have stayed with her for 35 years but cars, they are made for changing and having more than one, if you are able.
Ferrrari is a nice car true, and if your heart desire, then you should buy this california but just park it outside...even under tree . But keep Porsche inside
Oh but dont forget new california model is better. Old one has a many electrical gremlin....this I know

Old 05-27-2015, 06:20 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by BlocktGrills
Ferrrari is a nice car true, and if your heart desire, then you should buy this california but just park it outside...even under tree . But keep Porsche inside
Oh but dont forget new california model is better. Old one has a many electrical gremlin....this I know
Can you elaborate on the gremlin thing? I was looking at the 2014 precisely for the NA sound. I think 483hp is fine and the acceleration isn't what the 991tts has but this car is for a different driving experience. I don't think I could park it outside though and there are no trees over my driveway.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:25 AM
Banned
OP will pm now to explain. Sorry for a delay.

Last edited by BlocktGrills; 05-28-2015 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:49 AM
unotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant futureunotaz has a brilliant future
Get a 4 post lift if your garage height allows it. You need at least 10ft of floor to ceiling height.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:15 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by unotaz
Get a 4 post lift if your garage height allows it. You need at least 10ft of floor to ceiling height.
Garage is too low for that.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:24 AM
UAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant future
I hope it's different for you guys but I would never park any car that I appreciate outside my walls.

I've seen numerous cases here where outside-parked cars were sprayed with spray paint, either via kids or on purpose from someone that's jealous.

Supermarkets here often sell those spray paints for dirt cheap and it's the cheapest of them so the paint dries really quick and is very hard to peel off afterwards.

Think it was enough of a sign for me when my car got keyed in a public underground parking, luckily it was just 2 days after I wrapped her with Xpel Ultimate so 90% of the keying is gone.

Anyways, tl;dr I wouldn't park any of them outside whatsoever, better safe than sorry imo. 0.02 cents!

Old 05-27-2015, 10:48 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by UAE991
I hope it's different for you guys but I would never park any car that I appreciate outside my walls.

I've seen numerous cases here where outside-parked cars were sprayed with spray paint, either via kids or on purpose from someone that's jealous.

Supermarkets here often sell those spray paints for dirt cheap and it's the cheapest of them so the paint dries really quick and is very hard to peel off afterwards.

Think it was enough of a sign for me when my car got keyed in a public underground parking, luckily it was just 2 days after I wrapped her with Xpel Ultimate so 90% of the keying is gone.

Anyways, tl;dr I wouldn't park any of them outside whatsoever, better safe than sorry imo. 0.02 cents!
Yes, that is a worry. My kids cars have been attacked when parked on the street but it was by other kids from their school. Our house even got egged and we live in a neighborhood of $1m+ homes in Austin, Texas where $1m actually is a lot for a home. In other words, my neighbors are doctors, lawyers judges and small business owners but kids don't care many times, they act out. So good point, thanks.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:56 AM
biohazard is on a distinguished road
just get your car sealed with Cquartz, then no worries about leaving it outdoors regarding the paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who parks their car outside?