OK so those are some serious numbers COBB Vs. GIAC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 05:44 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Karl911
Ok,I produce these times, with GIAC Stage 2, tubi catless, 100OCT.
Nobody has produced faster times yet, except 1 guy blasting nitrious!
bring it on Cobb!

Don't forget to include R compound tires. My trap speeds are higher and my ETs were on 8500 mile PZeros. I have 200 cell cats and ran a mix of 93 and 104 in a 1825 DA environment. Lot's of factors to consider besides the tune.

Attached Images  

Last edited by wrs; 09-25-2015 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
bring it on Cobb!
Originally Posted by wrs
Don't forget to include R compound tires. My trap speeds are higher and my ETs were on 8500 mile PZeros. I have 200 cell cats and ran a mix of 93 and 104 in a 1825 DA environment. Lot's of factors to consider besides the tune.
Keep in mind, those slips that Karl posted are also from several months ago, when he was still running the base GIAC tune.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:22 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
bring it on Cobb!

Attachment 429070
That's the spirit, to be fare with everyone it will be good to concentrade in the trap speeds only, ET's are more about tires and track prep, TP is about the power of the car... So the 135mph of WRS is the Trap to beat!

What about 60-130mph? I did 7.2 w only COBB and Fabspeed

Last edited by webcarconnection; 09-25-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:30 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
What mods do you have right now?

Your trap is the one to beat for now, and my 60-130

If anyone have better numbers please post them with exact mods and conditions

Old 09-25-2015, 09:48 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
What mods do you have right now?

Your trap is the one to beat for now, and my 60-130

If anyone have better numbers please post them with exact mods and conditions
My mods are in my sig line. My 60-130 was 7.7s measured with my Racelogic Performance Box during the quarter shown in that slip.

I will be getting data from a Cobb tune next week at the same drag strip.

Last edited by wrs; 09-25-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:54 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
QUOTE=Karl911

bring it on Cobb!

Excellent results Karl911. Got a sinking feeling they're coming....

Last edited by White991TT; 09-25-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:32 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
QUOTE=Karl911

bring it on Cobb!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing some results from Karl's car at the dragstrip.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome Karl! wrs you have set a standard as well!

Old 09-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
bring it on Cobb!

Attachment 429070
Nice times Karl! I love to see the aftermarket progressing at this pace all while keeping a friendly rivalry! Congrats!

That one guy "blasting nitrous" was on a Cobb Accessport however, further showing the dynamic abilities of the unit. Showcasing a custom tune tailored for his specific build by a dealer in our Protuner network. That car being tuned by RobTuned at TopSpeed in Georgia.

WRS, I look forward to next Wednesday and the times/traps it will produce on Friday!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

- Jon

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 09-25-2015, 02:27 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by White991TT
QUOTE=Karl911

bring it on Cobb!

Will you be at the Shift Sector races in October?

Old 09-25-2015, 03:32 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Nice times Karl! I love to see the aftermarket progressing at this pace all while keeping a friendly rivalry! Congrats!

That one guy "blasting nitrous" was on a Cobb Accessport however, further showing the dynamic abilities of the unit. Showcasing a custom tune tailored for his specific build by a dealer in our Protuner network. That car being tuned by RobTuned at TopSpeed in Georgia.

- Jon
The owner of the 991 TTS was using C16, nitrous and water meth. Not surprisingly, he roasted a turbo. Those things will yield mega performance but may well push the car beyond its limits -- especially the nitrous and C16. That is not the fault of Cobb or the Cobb tune.

Those mods are radical for an unbuilt setup and the car is simply not designed for leaded fuel. When I read that the owner was having those things done to his car, I wrote here warning of the dangers to the car. I would certainly hope that the tuners advised the owner of the risks to the car before installing those kinds of mods/using C16.

If you want to gain more power even after the bigger ICs and more powerful tunes, the safer option would be a VTG turbo upgrade. Champion is working on one and I understand that the other major aftermarket companies are so well. Bigger VTGs are a lot safer than C16 and nitrous. That should get the cars up to 650-675 wheel hp which I understand is about the limit of the PDK. Getting the cars beyond that point will require PDK upgrades and possibly other upgrades as part of a build.

The owner of that 991 TTS, who also has a 918, is clearly a mega enthusiast and has stated that he will be doing a FULL BUILD of his 991 TTS. When done, I expect it will be the most powerful and fastest 991 TTS in the world. It will likely cost him a small fortune as he will be the first. But if it works right it will be fearsome and will set all the world records for the car.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Well said SDG! These modifications would not have been recommended for your typical upgrade path. This particular owner wanted a record and something no other 991 owner had so TopSpeed and Vengeance made that happen with the available items at the time.

Turbo upgrades are much better suited for sustainable power and am pleased to hear Champion is working on one. We have tuned many of their modified VTG turbos in the past.

Cheers SDG, btw nice numbers with your car as well, happy to see you are enjoying it!

On a side note:

I am also glad to see this forum, as a whole, so full of happy customers. There will always be an Apple to someone's PC; a Pepsi to their Coke. Competition is healthy and in the end only benefits you guys in the form of new features, maps, etc... Cobb will continue evolving our industry leading products, as we have done in the past, to meet the demands of the market and make certain our customers are 100% happy.

Thanks again guys!

-Jon

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 09-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
so it now all about trap speed, now.
that day was a private drag event for street cars only.
i did about 18 runs. the difference in trap speed that day was about 4 mph between right and left lanes. ETs were correct though.when i hooked up good 1.5 sec. approx, 0 to 60' times, that is when ET were lowest. amazingly i always ran a trap speed of 132mph approx from right lane no matter how i hooked up from a high of 10.75 and low 10.26sec. it all in the hook up!
BTW, i was running dunlop race max on rear (80) , and MSC2(180) on front.
also Stage GIAC with tubi catless , on 100 oct and tune.
waiting for good night to test new inter-coolers
going to Sebring Sunday, running on Trofreo Rs. launching out of the corner with PDCC is more fun then any drag strip!

Old 09-25-2015, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by wrs
My mods are in my sig line. My 60-130 was 7.7s measured with my Racelogic Performance Box during the quarter shown in that slip.

I will be getting data from a Cobb tune next week at the same drag strip.
Excellent

Old 09-26-2015, 07:38 AM
wrs
so it now all about trap speed, now.
............... launching out of the corner with PDCC is more fun then any drag strip!
No, but trap speed tends to expose the power of the car. I raced a CTS-V that was supercharged making 700+hp and we both ET'd 10.8 but I beat him by .3s on reaction time and I won the race although I trapped 132.8 and he trapped 140. That was a heads up race and I won with the lesser car but I drove better that run. He was pulling on me the whole way and almost caught me.

I do think tracking is more fun than dragging but it's also harder on the car and way more expensive. It's $20 to go to a test and tune night at the drag strip an around $700 for a day at COTA. Different cars and different people.

Attached Images     

Last edited by wrs; 09-26-2015 at 07:58 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OK so those are some serious numbers COBB Vs. GIAC